The Best Technology in the World

Award Winning Engineers

Recorded in Studio One

ab67706c0000da8425d1bd93a26036130e28a0c9

IMG_7443-768x576.jpg

Edited by Artie Choke

• Guest changed the title to Studio One - The Biggest and the Best
6 hours ago, mettelus said:

They recorded Yoko Ono in 1970. Some are still not over that one.

https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_recordings_made_at_Abbey_Road_Studios

Hey, at least she had some #1 hits out of it.

Seriously though ... she does have some #1 hits. Look it up. I lost all faith in humanity when I saw that. Lol.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Ono_discography

Edited by Shane_B.

15 hours ago, paulo said:

After reading that thread this morning, been up since 4am, I'm left scratching my gray haired balding head. Fake accounts, name calling, arguing, asterisks galore.

We ask a question wondering why some things got deleted, there's some deep, inciteful, friendly conversation and we get the 🪓.

I think I'll go listen to some Yoko Ono albums to cheer me up. Lol.

Anyway, back to my original question, please, can someone tell me what happened that was so bad with "them". Nothing has changed that I can tell.

Did someone steal their sweet roll? (Gamers are laughing).

15 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Can someone please tell me what they did that what so awful?

IIRC they made something or other only available to subscribers rather than regular licence holders. I didn't pay that much attention really because the DAW that shall not be mentioned is too fugly anyway.

I just thought it was funny that the OP decided that this was a heinous act, yet decided that a better option was to switch to a sub only DAW that stops working if you stop paying. 😀

8 hours ago, paulo said:

IIRC they made something or other only available to subscribers rather than regular licence holders. I didn't pay that much attention really because the DAW that shall not be mentioned is too fugly anyway.

I just thought it was funny that the OP decided that this was a heinous act, yet decided that a better option was to switch to a sub only DAW that stops working if you stop paying. 😀

Thanks. And I agree with the fugly part. 

I won't use anything DAW related that requires a sub.

I'm not against subs, I'm just against the people that want to force you in to them. That whole slippery slope thing. They can be great and have their place, as an option ...

2 hours ago, paulo said:

And windows 9....and i-phone 9

Why are geek types so afraid of the number 9?

Nerd factoid:  There actually WAS a Windows 9!  But it was only used for kiosks and the like so nobody really heard about it.

Don't worry, it wasn't that long ago that Microsquish was telling us that Windows 10 was going to be the last version, ya?