APD Deal: TONEX by IK Multimedia $49.99 or $40

BTP

7 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So, if I’m not interested in capturing my own amp sounds using Tonex, what’s the added value to Amplitube 5 ?

It sounds and feels a whole lot more like a real amp.

You can still use it within at5 to add in effects.  Once you have a collection of profiles you like - you many never use AT5 amps again.

There is a lot of free stuff on tonenet and with some 3rd party providers to get started with.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

Why yes . . . yes there is, TONEX sh!ts all over it, sound, feel, the whole caboose, just my personal opinion of course being an owner of them as well as pretty much every other amp sim out there that I know of apart that Line 6 whatever. But take that for what it is, you know what Mr Eastwood said about opinions.

Edited by Artie Choke
Flow

6 hours ago, Markrs said:

is there any advantage to Tonex over Tonocracy with Neural Amp Modeler given that is free?

NAM is rather resource hungry which isn't something you want in a real time effect as the most accurate feel is at the lowest latency possible.

More captures in Tonex platform.

An ecosystem that isn't strictly tied to a computer with very affordable pedals.  

I'm considering the Tonex One pedal - the bigger Tonex Pedal would be overkill for me. I was thinking a while back that a  simple one I can store a bunch of presets on would be useful. Just learned of the Tonex One when looking at the IK website yesterday. Those guys are busy!

Also looked at the Axe IO One - another iteration of their guitar oriented USB audio interface that I probably would have chosen over my Axe IO Solo. Really the only difference is the Axe IO One is single input channel. The only scenario I can think of requiring  the second channel is if you wanted to record electric guitar and vocals simultaneously.  It's got MIDI DINs in and out, the same JFET/Pure switch, Z-Tone knob, Active/Passive switch.  It's more compact and 1/3 the price.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I'm considering the Tonex One pedal - the bigger Tonex Pedal would be overkill for me. I was thinking a while back that a  simple one I can store a bunch of presets on would be useful. Just learned of the Tonex One when looking at the IK website yesterday. Those guys are busy!

Also looked at the Axe IO One - another iteration of their guitar oriented USB audio interface that I probably would have chosen over my Axe IO Solo. Really the only difference is the Axe IO One is single input channel. The only scenario I can think of requiring  the second channel is if you wanted to record electric guitar and vocals simultaneously.  It's got MIDI DINs in and out, the same JFET/Pure switch, Z-Tone knob, Active/Passive switch.  It's more compact and 1/3 the price.

The ToneX one is really only designed for A/B switching.  Yes, it can store 20 on there, but it is a nightmare to use that in some meaningful way.

If you only need to switch between two settings, it is fantastic.  If you want to store and use presets, the big one is the way to go.

The AXE IO ONE is a fairly new offering and yes, it offers quite a bit at the price, including amp capture abilities which is likely the only interface on the market at that price with that..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2024 at 7:52 PM, Fleer said:

Tonex, what’s the added value

Monitoring your guitar regardless of where you are in a project. Now this assumes your main interface allows direct monitoring; but pretty much that’s a given. As a project progresses and latency builds up you are still listening to your processed guitar in real time; priceless!

Caveat; you need the ToneX box. 
Next time it’s on sale, buy it!

You can thank me later…

t

I bought a UAD card to do precisely this, thinking the tweed Deluxe would be all I would need. Never bonded. 

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Release said:

Tonex, Hammond, SampleTron, about half of T-Racks, and MixBox are all worth the hassle IMO.

Probably.  I didn’t  say the plugins weren’t any good.