Regarding the Opacity of Bandlab and Cakewalk

MIDInco

3 hours ago, MIDInco said:

I still have some concerns, but hearing directly from the staff that "we have accomplished more than when we were with Roland or Gibson" alleviated many of my worries.

I will continue to support the development.

Thank you. Don’t take my word for it. Look at what’s been done.

<Philosophical hat>
Having concerns is normal - we all have concerns about different issues. Nobody knows what the future holds from one day to the next. Despite our best efforts something can come along and destroy everything overnight for any business. ahem - COVID?
On the other hand, letting concerns paralyze you from enjoying the present is not healthy/productive. Enjoy what you have today….
</Philosophical hat>

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

The vast majority of users do not find it buggy

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Our list of bug fixes since we started exceeds 4000

smileys-whistling-782284.gif

• Haha 1

Both things can be true.

One person could hypothetically have an issue where when you go through a bunch of projects in the spirit of "Is this any good?  Do I want to work more on it?" and you open up the one file with a plugin you have used in a project here and there, like maybe RMV, and that plugin crashes.  And the next time you open the file it is fine.

If you are the type who is more focused or who comes to your DAW with mostly complete songs, this will not happen to you.  You won't get the bug either if you don't have that plugin.  You won't have it if you have audio you can preview.

DAWs are complex and have a lot of bugs.  Some people will hit them and some won't, depending on any number of factors.  That's how both things can be true.

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

I can make Sonar crash, it’s easy. 
Leave Ripple edit on and try and drag a audio bass track to Dim Pro! 
Feature request: Giant Flashing Ripple Edit is on icon!  

And did you report it?

I think Sonar crashing is not an issue for the vast majority of users. 

Ironically, the only time mine freezes, is when there is an update and I apply it.  I have to "end the task" after the updating to close it and then reopen it and the update appears be be great.

For that matter, I can make MS Word crash, and I hear Microsoft might have more staff!

Edited by AB99
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gustabo said:

And did you report it?

Yes I reported a bunch of them a while ago. I even submitted videos of the crashing. I look at the dump files and it usually says Sonar.

I was told to do a fresh re install so I totally obliterated CbBband Sonar from my system and re installed just Sonar. Later after more crashes I re installed CbB by I actually never used it. 

After the crash Sonar hangs in Task manager for a long time. 
So does Next which I was also experiencing crashing. 

One instance was when using the Cakewalk Exchange format. It doesn’t like audio from frozen instruments. They confirmed this and are working on it. They also fix one of the issues I had with Next. Busy people. 
I haven’t submitted a whole bunch of new crashes as I didn’t have time to deal with it. 

My concern is that it’s my system and not actually Sonar. But I’ve never had staff get back to me about most of the reports so for now I just move carefully and save ever 3 minutes.

Vegas crashes as well and those people are mystified as well.  

Im really tempted to purchase a new SSD M2 drive and start fresh. I’m also tempted to go back to W10 but that’s stupid. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 4:03 PM, John Vere said:

I’m also tempted to go back to W10

Yes!  I did!  (Windows 11 Home was a bag of worms but maybe 11 Pro is better.)

On 7/25/2024 at 4:03 PM, John Vere said:

but that’s stupid.

Yes!  I am!  but there's little I can do about that now.  9_9