Sonar 2024.07 Feedback

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the Sonar 2024.07 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

Sonar 2024 Overview

22 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

I think I read something the other day that said it wasn't in there yet, but will be in the next release. Emphasis on think

This?   

On 7/8/2024 at 1:19 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

The latest update to Sonar which does include TH-U will likely go out sometime this week.

from the following post:

Edited by User 905133
added specific line from the post

Hi! There isa  problem  with Modo Bass 2 - after  update to 2.0.3, Cakewalk does not want to open it as vst because it is "incorrectly installed".    The thing is that Studio One opens MB2 without a problem BUT  to do it with Cakewalk you have to uninstall version 2.0.3 and install 2.0.2.  Only then does it work.  I don't know if the problem is yours or theirs, so I'm informing both companies about the problem. ;) In addition Cakewalk turned itself off several times after the 07/2024 update.

25 minutes ago, ekamis said:

Hi! There isa  problem  with Modo Bass 2 - after  update to 2.0.3, Cakewalk does not want to open it as vst because it is "incorrectly installed".    The thing is that Studio One opens MB2 without a problem BUT  to do it with Cakewalk you have to uninstall version 2.0.3 and install 2.0.2.  Only then does it work.  I don't know if the problem is yours or theirs, so I'm informing both companies about the problem. ;) In addition Cakewalk turned itself off several times after the 07/2024 update.

Modo Bass v.2.0.3 working fine here with both Sonar and CbB.

• Like 2

I tried to solve the problem in various ways and finally installed MB2 in a different folder than the one selected by the IK installer. Works! So you're right, it's about the location. Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi all!
I had a problem - I was not connected to the network for about 3 weeks, and did not use Sonar during this time. Now, when you start Sonar, a sign pops up at the bottom right: “Database Connection Filed. Assigned Plugin Category and Names will Be Unavailable,” and prompts you to click on the button. The BandLab website opens, but then I can’t find a single hint on what to do. This is a very unpleasant incident, now the canopy has a network connection, but this sign does not go away, and I cannot organize the plugins section.
How can I solve this problem?

2024-07-25_222730.png.fab221f7cf77d51a1fc4da92795cbcbe.png

Edited by IgoRr

4 hours ago, IgoRr said:

Hi all!
I had a problem - I was not connected to the network for about 3 weeks, and did not use Sonar during this time. Now, when you start Sonar, a sign pops up at the bottom right: “Database Connection Filed. Assigned Plugin Category and Names will Be Unavailable,” and prompts you to click on the button. The BandLab website opens, but then I can’t find a single hint on what to do. This is a very unpleasant incident, now the canopy has a network connection, but this sign does not go away, and I cannot organize the plugins section.
How can I solve this problem?

2024-07-25_222730.png.fab221f7cf77d51a1fc4da92795cbcbe.png

This isn't a network issue - it's probably down to a corrupt plugin layout database file.

The file is called Library.db and can be found in %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Library

If you rename this file to Library.db.corrupt (while Cakewalk isn't running), a fresh one will be re-created on startup.

If you're lucky, there may be a backup file there, in which case make a copy of that and rename it to Library.db 

• Thanks 1

I have noticed this on the last couple of updates.

When I update Sonar, it runs and then it freezes.

I have to use "end task" in task manager, to close Sonar.  Then when I reopen it, the update shows up and all is good.

But is there some reason for that freeze after the update?  

Thank you in advance.

(Guessing from the lack of response, this may be something unique to my computer setup.) 

Edited by AB99

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'd like to thank for a simple improvement on Event Inspector Module, about an issue that's still found on CbB - when one is inserting a numeric value for velocity or duration, for example, the operation may be aborted if mouse cursor loses focus from the specific field.
However on Sonar it's still possible to complete operation if mouse cursor loses focus. 

Edit: My bad - the issue above is the same on both Sonar and CbB!

Edited by mgustavo