RIP Kinky Friedman

Shane_B.

Confession:Ā  I have never heard of this guy!Ā  And, no, I don't mean I've vaguely heard the name but know of nothing he's done, I mean I've never even heard the name before this thread!Ā  Other Friedman's like Marty, yes, but not this guy.Ā  RIP none-the-less!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Confession:Ā  I have never heard of this guy!Ā  And, no, I don't mean I've vaguely heard the name but know of nothing he's done, I mean I've never even heard the name before this thread!Ā  Other Friedman's like Marty, yes, but not this guy.Ā  RIP none-the-less!

I can't post any of his songs. He was a bit vulgar, but misunderstood. A lot of people took his songs as racist, but they were actually anti-racist.

He played with all the big names back in the day. Dylan, Nelson, and many others. He also ran for political office.

He was a very unique individual.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I can't post any of his songs. He was a bit vulgar, but misunderstood. A lot of people took his songs as racist, but they were actually anti-racist.

He played with all the big names back in the day. Dylan, Nelson, and many others. He also ran for political office.

He was a very unique individual.

He wrote some serious music too.Ā  He also played with George Harrison. Here is one of his songs.

Ā 

13 hours ago, craigb said:

I have never heard of this guy!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinky_Friedman

• Haha 1