West of Eden

Wonderful production !

Loved the panning piano break.

Very impressed with the bass track. 

Why confuse it with vocals .. 

I know the feeling ..   a Lot of my instrumentals started out as vocal productions ..

Loved it as it is ..      mark

• Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 7:35 AM, steve@baselines.com said:

I really tried to add a vocal to this - had some good lyrics, but it just didn't work.  Seems as if this will stay an instrumental after all.

https://baselines.com/?p=7113

@steve@baselines.com . . . such a high energy piece !  . . . not sure a vocalist could keep up anyways, without taking away from it, so a good choice for an instrumental . . . really enjoyed the journey . . . the style reminded me a bit of Mannheim Steamroller, an amazing band from long ago . . .

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 5:15 PM, mark skinner said:

Wonderful production !

Loved the panning piano break.

Very impressed with the bass track. 

Why confuse it with vocals .. 

I know the feeling ..   a Lot of my instrumentals started out as vocal productions ..

Loved it as it is ..      mark

Thanks for the comments Mark.  The panning keyboard was part of Z3TA, which I think was a part of Cakewalk before Bandlab.

• Thanks 1

Steve, you always have such interesting stuff on your channel. I think you did the right thing by leaving this one instrumental. Don't see how lyrics would make it better than it already is.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, you always have such interesting stuff on your channel. I think you did the right thing by leaving this one instrumental. Don't see how lyrics would make it better than it already is.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn thank you very much!  Yes, I tried with the lyrics but it was just too much.  I'm happy with the way it is now.

Steve