Dim Pro Bit Defender Warning?

So found a thread on forum that led me to the CW download for all my products (NOT the CCC).

Installed Dim Pro 1.5 over the one that I installed from CCC. Then I attempted to install the 1-3 Dim Pro expansion packs and I get this from newest up to date Bit defender Total Security:

Web Protection by Bitdefender

Dangerous page blocked for your protection

file:///S:/___Dimension%20Pro%201.5%20with%20exp%20packs/Dimension_Pro_Free_Expansion_Packs_1-3.zip.htm

Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

I know sometimes we get false warnings but wanted to check with you folks first. I never found a link before to Dim Pro 1.5, before this.

Reason O I am re -installing is Dim Pro just never worked consistently for me over the last few years.

Thanks

BTW, this the website that I got from the thread. Seemed legit to me?

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products

Edited by Pathfinder

BTW, this the website that I got from the thread. Seemed legit to me?

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products

this is the valid CW legacy product site.

the "htm" at the end of the file name causes me to wonder...  when i go to the legacy product page, the expansion packs have this URL: https://cakewalk.s3.amazonaws.com/support/Instruments/DM1/Downloads/Dimension_Pro_Free_Expansion_Packs_1-3.zip.zip

this URL seems normal and, like Lynn, i've never had a problem downloading from the legacy site. just make sure you're not doing something like right-click and save-as and the type is coming up as HTML...

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the replies but Bit Defender, which I have been using for over 2 decades. will NOT let me bypass the warning. In the past, I was always able to bypass it by selecting the  option about i understand, blah, blah, blah. 

The HTM as mentioned by Glenn S. bothers me also. I have decided it's not that important-sad really.

Some expansion packs don't install properly.  I've got some that need reinstalling to work right.  Sometimes manually moving files around is also needed.  There may be some info on the Support > Knowledge Base site.  Type "Dimension Pro" in the Search by >Terms box to find articles.

Also, I would completely remove/uninstall Dimension before reinstalling it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Some expansion packs don't install properly.  I've got some that need reinstalling to work right.  Sometimes manually moving files around is also needed.  There may be some info on the Support > Knowledge Base site.  Type "Dimension Pro" in the Search by >Terms box to find articles.

Also, I would completely remove/uninstall Dimension before reinstalling it.

DP works fine-long ago I had the expansion packs . Not essential but some were nice.  

I am sure Bit Defender gives false positives like many others but, as stated,1-3 expansion packs would have been nice , not worth the trouble.

Shouldn't it be a zip file, or an exe? Why htm file? oh well-no biggie.

Edited by Pathfinder

1. Go here https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013208/Free-Dimension-Pro-Expansion-Packs-1-3 and scroll to the bottom where the link is.

2. Click the link and it opens a blank page.

3. Slow click the address bar twice in the blank page and replace the www with legacy.
  (for some reason "legacy gets replaced with "www" and fails to download.  As soon as you change it back to "legacy" the download happens.)

4. Downloaded file should be Dimension_Pro_Free_Expansion_Packs_1-3.zip.zip.  It contains the .exe file.

Hopefully this broken link will be fixed at some point.

If you still have issues with Bit Defender, disable it during the download and/or installation.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sjoens said:

1. Go here https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013208/Free-Dimension-Pro-Expansion-Packs-1-3 and scroll to the bottom where the link is.

2. Click the link and it opens a blank page.

3. Slow click the address bar twice in the blank page and replace the www with legacy.
  (for some reason "legacy gets replaced with "www" and fails to download.  As soon as you change it back to "legacy" the download happens.)

4. Downloaded file should be Dimension_Pro_Free_Expansion_Packs_1-3.zip.zip.  It contains the .exe file.

Hopefully this broken link will be fixed at some point.

If you still have issues with Bit Defender, disable it during the download and/or installation.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about these expansion packs, some interesting stuff in them.

DimPro is one of the odd ducks in that the exe (actually a zip file) unpacks everything then launches the setup file. This would wreak havoc on my first SSD since is would get hot as all get out.

To bypass this (and an option for you as well), I used 7-zip to do the unpacking then ran the setups separately. IIRC, the samples/expansion packs can just be manually moved to the proper location (hit F5 to refresh the DimPro browser afterwards)... The only thing requiring an install was the application itself.

Edited by mettelus