Arturia FX Collection 5

Yan Filiatrault

16 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

My upgrade/crossgrade is $99 too. Please talk me out of it. I have Melda Complete Waves Horizon, and more Plugin Alliance plugins than you can throw a stick at. Oh ya, all the TDR GEs as well. Tell me I don't need this.

You don't need it. Instead do what my actual producer friend always tells me:

"Actually finish tracks with the tools you have, and in that process you should be learning how to do what you what with them. And then, only then, you might discover there are things they can't do. If you really need those things, maybe you can allow yourself to buy the thing that does what you want."

• Like 4

I'm on the fence.$49 gets me an exciter and another limiter I don't need. Where I still pause is wanting so support  arturia. They have been very generous  and every plugin they have given out, I have used.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I'm on the fence.$49 gets me an exciter and another limiter I don't need. Where I still pause is wanting so support  arturia. They have been very generous  and every plugin they have given out, I have used.

Don’t bother. It’s two plugins you don’t need. Use the money on a plugin you actually want. Arturia will manage fine. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

+1 for Arturia

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

The promo is this one: https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/plug-in-bundles/uad-producer-edition.html

They gave a $25 coupon that can be used with $99+ purchases. The coupon is individual and you must log into your account to see it. But I don't know if it was given to anyone or for existing customers only. If it's not your case create an account there and see if the coupon is available to you.

yeah. its pretty nice. except for the fact that i already have same type of effects and instruments from other companies. probably multiples of them.

3 minutes ago, tunedeaf said:

I'm not really familiar with these plugins. I have Pigments and some freebies; would this be a recommended buy at $99?

I'd buy it if I didn't have it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tunedeaf said:

I'm not really familiar with these plugins. I have Pigments and some freebies; would this be a recommended buy at $99?

It depends on what you already have from other developers. Unless you are a collector...then you want this.

11 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Dammit. I'm in the $99 upgrade camp. $49 would have been instabuy.

One would imagine they would also give a better price break than the $99 for us who own FX Collection + V Collection, pigments and other standalone items. I have all these inc many preset packs ( FX Collection 2, V Collection 8 )

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

One would imagine they would also give a better price break than the $99 for us who own FX Collection + V Collection, pigments and other standalone items. I have all these inc many preset packs ( FX Collection 2, V Collection 8 )

I don't think V Collection is a factor, but I could be wrong.

jmho, but find Arturia FX to be more than 'just another plugin' company vs. many of the alternatives.

• extra capability over slavish hw imitations (e.g. alt UI for the LX-224, etc.)
  • offerings that aren't widely covered elsewhere (e.g. Aphex Exciter, etc.)
  • original designs (e.g. ColdFire, Fragments, etc) and takes on more common fx

they can be a bit heavy on CPU usage and i prefer alts for some, but overall a decent !4$. just need a dark mode for a couple of the UIs...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jackson white said:

just need a dark mode for a couple of the UIs...

I asked for this on the Arturia forums about a year ago.    Crickets.... (or an AI response).....but no dark modes to date.  (for Aug series and motions)

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 7:11 AM, tunedeaf said:

Highly recommended if you don't have.  They are not as extensive as other collections, but they have a high percentage of plugins you will actually use regularly. They have replaced other versions of similar plugins in my mixing templates.  I would be shocked if you didn't find at least 10 that you find highly useful for day to day use.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I have FX Collection 2 .. Is it worth upgrading to FX Collection 5?

I'm in the same situation, and my personal answer is "no".

V2 already has most of the things I need from a creative point of view, and I even got several of the plugins in V5 for free already.

So I'm waiting until FX Collection 6 and V Collection 11 (I have 8), I guess.

• Like 1