Serif - Affinity - Flash Sale - 50% off (historical low)

Kirean

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

Now I feel stupid for "wasting" 30 bucks few months back in their previous sale

If you've needed and used it the last months you haven't wasted anything.

Does anyone know how long this Flash Sale will last? Can't find anything on their site.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Solidos said:

So looks like this is piggybacking on Adobe's Creative Cloud ToS changes (https://www.reddit.com/r/Adobe/comments/1d9qvfn/megathread_discussion_around_creative_cloud_terms/) to get some of those disgruntled users over to Affinity.

Just learned about that few minutes ago too. Amazing stuff.

Edit:

If you've needed and used it the last months you haven't wasted anything.

I haven't :P

But yeah. I'm perfectly fine with that situation, especially now with Adobe's BS. Adobe needs competition and people need alternatives to their software.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Is there only an upgrade price for the full suite? I can't find an upgrade option for just Affinity Designer.

Might be worth hitting up customer support.

So I've been going through Adobe related stuff and turns out Adobe have, in all secrecy and without any notification, ended pretty much all support for legacy software (CS5/6). They did that for things up until CS4 before, but now customer support (if you can even get a hold of a human anymore) won't be able to reset or deactivate activated licences (that are stuck behind a hardware failure for example.) This change happened already in 2023 apparently..

Supposedly manually deactivating still works, meaning the infrastructure is still there, but I haven't found any confirmation or information whether or not reactivating works anymore. Both CS5 and CS6 are still very valid & working programs on Windows at least (Apple probably broke them with OS updates ages ago.) Can't confirm really anything, other than that people are being SOL since their hardware went kaput.

When they shut down the older licencing servers, CS3 received a version that didn't need an activation at all but that doesn't seem to be the case with CS5/6. The CS3 EOL version wasn't really advertised at all and the time to apply for it was really, really short.

What a turd of a company.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

Grabbed the whole package this time. I've been on V1 since the beginning and am very happy with this integrated solution. There may be pro features missing, but for my DTP needs, this does all I want, and the software is very polished, being actively developed, and well worth the 60-plus Euros I paid for the update. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kirean said:

Might be worth hitting up customer support.

Nah, it's all good. I thought the upgrade price for the universal license was only for people who owned the universal license of V1, but it's for anyone who has at least one V1 license, no matter which product. So I bought it now.

I am on v1 of all the desktop apps but have held off updating until now.

The Universal upgrade price for v2 (includes the creative collection) is currently £59.99 (inc VAT) in the UK.

I am tempted....

What about the add-ons? The 3D Letter Toolkit looks good, but can anyone recommend anything else?

Posted (edited)

So I have V1 and the universal update to V2 is €67 INC VAT for mr, bought through my biz so be able to claim back the VAT bringing upgrade price to €55

I think I will, have not seen a price this low for the V1 to V2 upgrade

EDIT: Done, Purchased

I use it for biz - websites and photography editing

Edited by aidan o driscoll

39 minutes ago, ZincT said:

What about the add-ons? The 3D Letter Toolkit looks good, but can anyone recommend anything else?

Depends solely on what you plan/want to do.

If you're into illustration, I'd recommend Rusty Nib and/or some of the other brush packs depending on your style. Speaking of which. Fun fact: if you buy Rusty Nib via Serif, you get a lot less restrictive licence for it than if you were to buy it directly from True Grit Texture Supply (same with Retro Supply's stuff).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kirean said:

Depends solely on what you plan/want to do.

If you're into illustration, I'd recommend Rusty Nib and/or some of the other brush packs depending on your style. Speaking of which. Fun fact: if you buy Rusty Nib via Serif, you get a lot less restrictive licence for it than if you were to buy it directly from True Grit Texture Supply (same with Retro Supply's stuff).

Thanks for the recommendation (and fun fact). I use them for many things but mostly the photo app for editing photos.