no audio and stop playback not working

I brought my pc in for internet connection to reauthorize CbB. Also needed to sign in to AD 2 drums and ID Ref. Hooked back up and no audio coming from my most recent project. Same thing in aother project. Transport won't stop with the button or spacebar. Tracks will play from inside the audio folder and other desktop folders will play exported songs..  I don't see anything wrong in Pref.        I'm neck deep in a project and dead in the water..   any suggestions ??      mark

what else happened? windows updates? other software updates? (MS Edge for example)?

• i'd re-run the CW redistributables to make sure nothing got changed during your connection time

if you bypass the sound reference ID and go directly to the IO unit does it produce sound? 

Check the Playback Timing Master. Sounds like something got mixed up with Audio mode/driver selection.

If all else fails try Reset Configuration to Defaults. CbB will back up your AUD.INI and replace it with a default. If it works, you can compare them to see what's different and selectively restore customizations.

• Thanks 1

Glenn , I've got updates turned off and didn't notice anything updating. Bypassed Sound ID and setmaster to interface.  I opened in safe mode bypassing a few other plugins. Same problem. I did disable ID ref in my global windows audio settings. I'll recheck everything. The transport glitch is the most concearning. Where do I find the CW redistributables ? 

Posted (edited)

@Glenn Stanton , @David Baay    Thanks guys for the help and suggestions.

I ran the redistibutables from Noels post. Nothing changed. I reset the configuration files to "default". The stop transport and spacebar started working but still no audio. I uninstalled CbB and reinstalled with the last installer and update from my downloads folder. No change. Ran the redistributables again. Nothing helped. Did a system restore to a restore point from last month. Everything I've checked is back to normal. 😊

This is the Very reason I choose to work "offline" , and why it took me so long to leave Win7.    

I ordered a 300' ethernet cable yesterday , hope I don't regret it ..   Thanks ..  mark

Edited by mark skinner

I know this doesn't help, but my office rig is running Win 10 Home, so it updates itself all the time.
I'm not having any issues in Sonar or CbB.
Since a restore point got you back up and running something changed...

t

Posted (edited)

i'm running windows 11 home on a laptop and pretty much always connected - sometimes i use airplane mode if for some reasons the network is doing something without any action on my part 🙂 and except for the periodic re-running of the redistributables, it's been pretty rock solid. occasionally my good buddies at sound reference will decide to just go ahead and update in the middle of the day and then halfway through notify me the audio subsystem is now broken until i reboot 😡but then i stop, save my work, reboot. send a note to them saying "please kindly f***off and stop doing it... i'm on manual updates only!!!!" but it is what it is...

Edited by Glenn Stanton