What fixes this graphics plugin thing?

Posted (edited)

I assume the new graphics are built on a new engine and will be able to be fancied up over time.

I am amazed at how much Cakewalk has stayed the same in the switch from Bandlab to Sonar.

Every single parameter got ported over!

I am wondering about this though.

Vocal Rider appears as a tiny window up in the corner of the screen.

How do I fix that? Most of my other plugins seem fine but I have not tested them yet. 

The new graphics are a bit hard to see.

I have 2 x 3090 Nvidia graphics cards so a bit more in the graphics might have been good but I figure in time this can come.

No problem so far and I will get used to it.

Waves.jpg

Maybe the streamlined graphics are actually easier to work with and the dark theme has better contrast. It is sharper!

This might actually lead to less eye strain. I also assume less graphics overall mean MUCH better latency. And latency is, EVERYTHING!

I like it a lot!

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

You should be able to drag th eheader out to the right to expose the other controls.

Under the gear icon, untick Enable Plugin DPI Awareness

PluginDPIAwareness.jpg.43050ae37f2668d2ad16ab3ffbc075b1.jpg

It was already clicked and I unclicked it and this happened.

I restarted Cakewalk and still the same.

I could possibly upgrade my Vocal Rider with Waves but I fear they have not upgraded the interface graphics.

It is usable and still works but it is tiny and bothersome.

Waves 2.jpg

Waves wants 17 dollars on the perchance that they might update Vocal Rider in the next year.

I think I'll wait.

Edited by RexRed

@RexRed

Waves added VST selectable display scaling  sometime around version V12.   

On the Vocal Rider display,  just to the right of the "Save" button, there is a symbol for a drop-down menu to set the display scaling.  I don't see that drop-down icon on your screen pic.  Perhaps a more recent version of Vocal Rider is needed to change it's display size.  I'm on version V14.  

As a test (using the latest Sonar release),  I inserted Vocal Rider, and it appeared at the expected size and was resizable.  It's larger than how it appears in the first screen picture you posted.  I'm using a 1980x1200 display.  I'm guessing you're using a higher resolution display.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom B said:

@RexRed

Waves added VST selectable display scaling  sometime around version V12.   

On the Vocal Rider display,  just to the right of the "Save" button, there is a symbol for a drop-down menu to set the display scaling.  I don't see that drop-down icon on your screen pic.  Perhaps a more recent version of Vocal Rider is needed to change it's display size.  I'm on version V14.  

As a test (using the latest Sonar release),  I inserted Vocal Rider, and it appeared at the expected size and was resizable.  It's larger than how it appears in the first screen picture you posted.  I'm using a 1980x1200 display.  I'm guessing you're using a higher resolution display.

Yay Tom! I updated my license for Vocal Rider and now I am V14. and it displays perfectly!

You are a big help, thanks very much for the info!

Best to you all and thanks for your input! 👍