Dim Pro, Is this locked to Cakewalk products?

Posted (edited)

I was looking and only answers were on old Sonar Gibson forum from 2015. A lot of my projects use Dim Pro for the acoustic bass. I have tried to open it in 2 other DAW's and it doesn't seem to scan up. Has anybody ever used it elsewhere?  Same for Lounge LIzard and Strum Session. They load but don't play sound. Bummer. Might have to buy them, but you cannot buy Dim Pro. 

Thanks

Edited by John Vere

I just opened DimPro in Studio One Pro to make sure and it loads and plays without issues. Quick check here... DimPro opens with no patch loaded by default... did you load a program and it didn't play? Another thought.... the LE version of DimPro I "believe" was locked to Cakewalk, and paid versions (as with many DAWs VSTis) were not locked to Cakewalk.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The full version works fine here in Studio One, all 5 of them, Dim Pro, Rapture, Rapture Pro, Z3TA+ 2 (Z3TA+ classic contained within)

You haven't got Rapture Pro where you can/might access the Dim Pro stuff from?

Edited by Heath Row
  • Like 1

Also can confirm Dimension Pro 1.5 (x64) works on Studio One 6.2.1.  I believe my DimPro is the full version with a few expansion packs.

Was able to get sounds from Lounge Lizard and Strum Session on Studio One also.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, John Vere said:

Same for Lounge LIzard and Strum Session. They load but don't play sound. Bummer. Might have to buy them . . . 

Did you have the SONAR editions?  I seem to recall that those only worked with SONAR.  They might have also worked in CbB; I don't remember.  Several years ago, I did buy the AAS Sessions so I could use them in Voltage Modular.  I forget how much I paid for them; it might have been on sale somewhere or in a Humble or Fanatical Bundle.  (Ultimately I got the full versions.)  It doesn't hurt to (1) look around or (2) to ask AAS about an upgrade price for The Sessions from the SONAR Versions.

I have the SONAR Editions on my current PC. They load in VM, but make no sound. In the list of options (top/center), there's a button to press to get the "Become an AAS Registered User" and a button to get the full version.  Not sure if trying to become a registered user will give you prices to upgrade to the Non-SONAR Edition.

Edited by User 905133

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tom B said:

Also can confirm Dimension Pro 1.5 (x64) works on Studio One 6.2.1. . . .

Is this with the SONAR Editions?  Did they just give you registration numbers so you can use them with non-SONAR products?

Edited by User 905133

I use this when I can. but very flakey for me. Sometimes it will work and sometimes NOTHING. IU have tried all the suggestions I was given, maybe a year ago. Still happens. Love this program-wish they would update it. I paid for it maybe twice actually. I would PAY AGAIN if it was fixed.
Craig A. made some nice add ons for it. I have them still but I cannot get most things to work, not just his. 😞 

36 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Back in the day, it was usually necessary to get Dim Pro activated by running it in standalone mode before using it as a plugin.

Might help

Pretty sure I did that when I aske for help here back then-But I certainly will try it tonight regardless! Thanks

Thanks everyone. I have all this stuff from x3 then I bought Sonar Professional and lastly paid the good old lifetime license for Plat. 
I install all of these from CCC. 
Dim Pro always needs the run as administrator to activate. I don’t have Studio one anymore the demo expired. I was trying it in Waveform and  Mixcraft. I just installed Luna last night and was going to try it as well.

I even tried adding the exact folder it’s in to the plug in manager of each. It’s a no show. 
Il check out the licenses for Lizard etc . 

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Is this with the SONAR Editions?  Did they just give you registration numbers so you can use them with non-SONAR products?

It's been a long while since I installed Dimension Pro for the first time and don't have all the details. I thought my DimPro was packaged with a SONAR professional edition(s). Perhaps, there was an upgrade offered somewhere along the way.  I've had DimPro since at least the SONAR 8.5 days.  

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Did you have the SONAR editions?  I seem to recall that those only worked with SONAR.  They might have also worked in CbB; I don't remember.  Several years ago, I did buy the AAS Sessions so I could use them in Voltage Modular.  I forget how much I paid for them; it might have been on sale somewhere or in a Humble or Fanatical Bundle.  (Ultimately I got the full versions.)  It doesn't hurt to (1) look around or (2) to ask AAS about an upgrade price for The Sessions from the SONAR Versions.

I have the SONAR Editions on my current PC. They load in VM, but make no sound. In the list of options (top/center), there's a button to press to get the "Become an AAS Registered User" and a button to get the full version.  Not sure if trying to become a registered user will give you prices to upgrade to the Non-SONAR Edition.

15 hours ago, Tom B said:

Also can confirm Dimension Pro 1.5 (x64) works on Studio One 6.2.1. . . .

1 hour ago, Tom B said:

It's been a long while since I installed Dimension Pro for the first time and don't have all the details. I thought my DimPro was packaged with a SONAR professional edition(s). Perhaps, there was an upgrade offered somewhere along the way.  I've had DimPro since at least the SONAR 8.5 days.  

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not being clear (my error).  In referring to the SONAR Editions. I was asking about the AAS Session SONAR Edition instruments.

18 hours ago, John Vere said:

Same for Lounge LIzard and Strum Session. They load but don't play sound. Bummer. Might have to buy them . . . 

My question to you was intended to be part of my reply to John in connection with the AAS Session SONAR Edition instruments, but I hit quote instead of edit and was too tired to fix it.  I'd like to think I won't make the same mistake again, but I probably will.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, John Vere said:

I was looking and only answers were on old Sonar Gibson forum from 2015. A lot of my projects use Dim Pro for the acoustic bass. I have tried to open it in 2 other DAW's and it doesn't seem to scan up. Has anybody ever used it elsewhere?

As for Dim Pro, I opened an older Cakewalk project and Dim Pro came up as missing.  So I added a new instance and it worked--even though the original file still had the missing one in the Synth Rack--in parentheses.  But at least one instance of it works.  Good to know; thanks for bringing this issue up.

Just tested Dim Pro in Voltage Modular (Host Module).   With a *.voltagepreset from 1/2021 and one from 11/2021 all 4 instances of Dim Pro works. I was also able to insert an instance into VM's Host Plug-in once I found the location of the right *.dll.  Dimension Pro x64.dll from 8/30/2010 seems to work for me.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I remember with one of the bundled programs having the LE version and the full version installed or registered or something caused an issue.  Not sure if it was Dim Pro and Dim LE, but I do not have the LE version in my CbB Browser. Not 100% I am remembering the conflict correctly, but it might be worth looking onto. I am using Dim Pro 1.5.

Edited by User 905133

Just now, charles kasler said:

Is it still available for purchase? I used to love using it but I can't anymore.

It might see a return as an option for Sonar. They sort of hinted at re  introduction of those old freebies that came back in old Sonar days. 

What would be very cool is that these will be transferred to the new system so we will no longer need to run CCC anymore to install them. They would appear in the new Cakewalk Product Manager. 

9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not being clear (my error).  In referring to the SONAR Editions. I was asking about the AAS Session SONAR Edition instruments.

Hopefully,  this reply answers your good question 🙂   

Around Dec 2017, during the time-of-uncertainty (i.e. post-Gibson, pre-BandLab),  AAS offered serial numbers which allowed the 'old' SONAR Edition of the AAS instruments (e.g. Lounge Lizard, Strum Session, etc.) to run on any DAW.  The serial numbers were offered upon request for a limited time.  

That explains why I'm still able to use the old-SONAR Edition of AAS on Studio One and presumably other DAWs today. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Version 1.5 should work in most DAWs.

You can download it here if it's in your legacy account and you have the right numbers: https://legacy.cakewalk.com/support/dl.aspx?DLID=1788

1. Click the above link.

2. It will open your web browser and change itself to "...www.cakewalk..." in the address bar.

3. Change the "www" back to "legacy", hit ENTER and the download will commence.

Edited by sjoens

2 hours ago, Tom B said:

Hopefully,  this reply answers your good question 🙂   

Around Dec 2017, during the time-of-uncertainty (i.e. post-Gibson, pre-BandLab),  AAS offered serial numbers which allowed the 'old' SONAR Edition of the AAS instruments (e.g. Lounge Lizard, Strum Session, etc.) to run on any DAW.  The serial numbers were offered upon request for a limited time.  

That explains why I'm still able to use the old-SONAR Edition of AAS on Studio One and presumably other DAWs today. 

Wow, I forgot all about that! This is totally something I did back then.  So somewhere I have an account and full licences to those. I remember AAS and Overloud took pity on all of us and made this offer. Thank you for posting this. I really like both those vendors and use those plug ins a lot. 

And the good news is I still can't get Dim Pro To show, but then after people mentioned Rapture I found that on the lists and bingo! it works like a charm. I have not opened this for ages I've sort of stuck with Dim Pro for some dumb reason. This is a game changer for sure. Goodbye Dim Pro - Hello Rapture!  

Here it is in all it's glory in Mixcraft 10. I just totally swapped one of my originals over to Mixcraft with out a hitch. 

Screenshot(882).thumb.png.8c7d02aa0fed423a2aa585479e3a9bcf.png

Note: I also got it to work in Luna, But Luna sort of sucks at first try out. No ARA! ( Mixcraft uses ARA)  and it's like 100% sort of on line in a big way.  It kept opening web pages trying to sell me plug ins??  And people are complaining about CbB nagging them! I think it might be a good DAW for people using all their stuff and interfaces. And the demos of a few took like 10 minutes to download and are huge files!! yicks!