Not Liking the look of the New Sonar Interface

On 4/16/2024 at 1:18 PM, GreenLight said:

By the way, to follow discussions about the developments of the new Sonar, is this the best thread for that?

Or even the best forum?  Is there some new/separate place dedicated to Sonar (or Sonar and Next, or whatever)?

On 4/8/2024 at 7:41 AM, User 905133 said:

The way I have read all the public posts, the Backstage Pass is the alternative way to pay for, download, and run the current early access versions of Cakewalk Sonar and Cakewalk Next.

There is also a way to download, run, and not pay for the early access versions that don't allow people to save their work-in-progress. 

So far as I have seen there has been no announcement of an official release and pricing options for what will be the commercial products.

I noticed also that now the Sonar and Next pages refer to the products as normally/now available via Bandlab membership, without any caveats or qualifications, so maybe this is simply the quiet go-live and that's it?  There's nothing on the page indicating that there's any sort of next iteration of making it (even) more broadly available, so to anyone without history, it seems like this is the normative way.  

Though I haven't seen any announcement about the formal retirement/end of life of CbB aside from that it will happen, didn't miss anything  about some new date, correct?  I think I glanced through the major topics, I presume that would generate significant traffic/notice.

1 hour ago, Quinellipe Zorn said:

I noticed also that now the Sonar and Next pages refer to the products as normally/now available via Bandlab membership, without any caveats or qualifications, so maybe this is simply the quiet go-live and that's it?  There's nothing on the page indicating that there's any sort of next iteration of making it (even) more broadly available, so to anyone without history, it seems like this is the normative way.  

Though I haven't seen any announcement about the formal retirement/end of life of CbB aside from that it will happen, didn't miss anything  about some new date, correct?  I think I glanced through the major topics, I presume that would generate significant traffic/notice.

It's not quiet, they had a press release yesterday.  The product is officially out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Helios.G said:

It's not quiet, they had a press release yesterday.  The product is officially out.

Thanks, didn't see it on the site, just noticed the change in wording.  

So I guess it's official the only sales outlet is via Bandlab, as seems no other info available.

• Like 1

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been asked already, but I just installed the new Cakewalk Sonar and I noticed something immediately about the new GUI that I wish they didn't change.

Colorings the tracks themselves is gone--all my tracks that had assigned colors now only have that thin little vertical strip at the beginning of the track lane with the assigned color, which isn't nearly as helpful compared to having the entire track colorized, which is much more distinct.

Is it gone for good or they're simply bured somewhere in the preferences and I can get them back?

Edited by Rob Chang

7 minutes ago, Rob Chang said:

Colorings the tracks themselves is gone--all my tracks that had assigned colors now only have that thin little vertical strip at the beginning of the track lane with the assigned color

Preferences > Colors > Show Strip Colors

7 minutes ago, Rob Chang said:

Track icons are now gone

Make sure Views > Icons > Show Icons is enabled and Sonar is looking in the correct path for custom icons in Preferences > Folder Location > Track Icons.

• Like 2