Not Liking the look of the New Sonar Interface

Since this seems to be the thread for this kind of thing:

image.png.5ce4b0bafc70313e889e0492d79fba0e.png

image.png.5f93a62000094e1fa1a1641c2b834c45.png

The little diagrams of the crossfade options are missing in the new Sonar. I think that's bad for quick readability.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2024 at 2:22 PM, msmcleod said:

Apologies... looks like it's only in beta builds at the moment.

Anyhow, at least you know it's coming.... ?

Wow ?.... thank you for confirming that .  Looking forward to that build ?

13 hours ago, John T said:

Since this seems to be the thread for this kind of thing:

image.png.5ce4b0bafc70313e889e0492d79fba0e.png

image.png.5f93a62000094e1fa1a1641c2b834c45.png

The little diagrams of the crossfade options are missing in the new Sonar. I think that's bad for quick readability.

seems to be missing "linear fade in, linear fade out" ? 

• Haha 1

Pardon my ignorance - clearly I’m missing something as I’ve been focussing on watching for a release announcement but have either missed it or misunderstand what all the discussion is about.

Do I need a Bandlab Backstage Pass to access Next and/or Sonar?

Is that the full release of those products or are they still in beta levels of development with a release announcement yet to be made?

Or is there a yet to be announced alternative way to purchase Sonar?

From what I've learned, you can download/install Sonar. It is technically in pre-release status but is probably close to fully baked.

You need a Backstage Pass in order to save a project (after the 3-day trial period). I'd suggest paying for a monthly backstage pass until they formally release pricing, as we don' yet know whether it will be subscription based, one time price, both, etc.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:23 AM, mgustavo said:

Hi, I read Sonar includes Pro Channel Concrete Limiter, but I couldn't find it. My previous paid software was Sonar Professional, maybe it could be related?
Thanks!

In ProChannel, I see it under Insert Module:

image.png.9fae1f4e7fbf60bcf319853992106f78.png

The way I have read all the public posts, the Backstage Pass is the alternative way to pay for, download, and run the current early access versions of Cakewalk Sonar and Cakewalk Next.

There is also a way to download, run, and not pay for the early access versions that don't allow people to save their work-in-progress. 

So far as I have seen there has been no announcement of an official release and pricing options for what will be the commercial products.**

**UPDATE:  2024 JUNE 14 [two months + later]:  There has been a recent update announcement / press release which has started to be discussed in a number of threads, including this one (a page or two down).  See also:

To me it looks like more update announcements are expected. 

Edited by User 905133
to add an update based on a recent announcement/press release

5 hours ago, Sal Sorice said:

In ProChannel, I see it under Insert Module:

Sal Sorice, thanks for the reply! However this plugin won't appear when I try to insert a module on ProChannel.
All the others are shown, like BReverb 2, CA-2A, Bark of Dog, etc., but this new one, at least to me, won't show.

I also tried to find where ProChannel effects are located but couldn't find it.

Edited by mgustavo

24 minutes ago, mgustavo said:

I also tried to find where ProChannel effects are located but couldn't find it.

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\ProChannelConcreteLimiter

I bought it back in SONAR days so can't comment on it's availability in the new release.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\ProChannelConcreteLimiter

I bought it back in SONAR days so can't comment on it's availability in the new release.

It should be available both in CbB and the new Sonar.

It's there in both on my laptop which has never had anything earlier than CbB installed.

• Like 1

I had a weird thing on in when installing new Sonar, I found PC Saturation Knob missing.

weirdly fixed in both platforms with a VST plug in rescan and adding nothing new in terms of scan paths.

As, when it wasn’t showing…  strangely, it also stopped working in latest V of CbB.

could be something else, but thought worth mentioning. Tbf I haven’t even opened CbB, since all working again. As now totally loving the new look/feel for the Sonar.