Can several individual wave segments be selected at once?

user6923432667601887

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if several individual wave segments can be selected, one by one, and then a process applied to all of them at once. For example, I like to reduce the last sung syllable by 6 db in each phrase. Right now I go to each syllable, highlight it, and do the reduction - over and over which is a hassle. It would be nice to highlight each last syllable and then apply the 6 db reduction once. Any ideas?

Thanx, Frederick

2 answers to this question

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's possible to make non-contiguous, partial selections of audio. But you can select non-contiguous clips by Ctrl+clicking. So the workaround would be to first split out the sections to be processed by dragging across each one with the Split tool (hold Alt with the Smart tool). Then Ctrl+click to add those separate clips to a selection for destructive gain processing.

Alternatively, you might consider using Clip Gain. Choose Clip Automation > Gain,in the track's Edit Filter,  drag-select the region to be attenuated, and then click above the automation line where the  edit tool appears, and drag down. Automation nodes will automatically be added at the seleciton boundaries so that only that segment gets reduced. 

Thanx David, I see that one of my requests years ago has been granted, you now can high-lite and drop or raise quickly - much better than before when you had to make 2 nodes on each side of what you wanted to gain-alter. Good to see they did this as it was already in my Vegas video software years ago. CbB just keeps getting better.