Hello.  I make simple mashups of songs for local drag shows.  I am working with an mp3 that I am wanting to have slide up in pitch to transition into the next song which is in a higher key.
All I am trying to do is make the final few seconds of the track slide up in pitch gradually, but quickly.

I was hoping there was a way to apply keyframes to a pitch shift plugin similar to how volume automation works, however I cant figure out a way to have an effect come in on one clip, only how to apply it to the entire clip.

I am new to Cakewalk to be patient, and keep it simple if possible.  I don't need anything fancy.

1 hour ago, jacobzusername said:

I cant figure out a way to have an effect come in on one clip, only how to apply it to the entire clip

Hmmm. I would imagine that since you're doing a soundtrack for an entire performance, you're rendering the whole thing as one long audio file?

How about using track automation? Automate the pitch shift at the track level, not as clip automation.

Do you have a pitch shifter plug-in? My favorite is kHs Pitch from the Kilohearts Essentials collection, which is a very useful bundle of free FX. I've never tried to automate a smooth pitch shift with it, though, only shifted entire clips by a static amount. It's not the only one in town, just my personal favorite.

42 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hmmm. I would imagine that since you're doing a soundtrack for an entire performance, you're rendering the whole thing as one long audio file?

How about using track automation? Automate the pitch shift at the track level, not as clip automation.

Do you have a pitch shifter plug-in? My favorite is kHs Pitch from the Kilohearts Essentials collection, which is a very useful bundle of free FX. I've never tried to automate a smooth pitch shift with it, though, only shifted entire clips by a static amount. It's not the only one in town, just my personal favorite.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

So yea, I am doing it in one audio file.  I have a pitch shift plugin, but i just don't quite know how to apply it in a gradation to get that smooth slide from one pitch to another.  How would you go about doing that shift using the Kilohearts plugin?

1 minute ago, jacobzusername said:

How would you go about doing that shift using the Kilohearts plugin?

Assuming that they expose the amount of shift as an automatable parameter, try automating it and see what happens.

To access track automation, just click on the automation lane icon at the lower left of the track header. You'll be able to select what parameter(s) you wish to automate. Give it a ramp and see what happens.

If it zippers, then you'll need to find another pitcher.

Let us know how it goes....