Default connections between vsti and midi controllers

Emanu3le85

Question

I noticed that if I add a midi controller to cakewalk and then open some vsti synthesizers, the midi controller will by default have one or more parameters connected without having activated "midi learn" or having assigned any NRPN to the automation line, I wanted to know how I can disable this automatic control? because if I wanted to do a live automation performance with the cc37 knob of the midi controller for example, it will write the automation of the control I set but at the same time the default parameter set will also change, creating a mess (the midi controller cc knob changes depending on the plugin). Is there a way to see the default connections of the cc parameters with the midi controller? Thank you

Edited by Emanu3le85

1 answer to this question

18 hours ago, Emanu3le85 said:

I noticed that if I add a midi controller to cakewalk and then open some vsti synthesizers, the midi controller will by default have one or more parameters connected without having activated "midi learn" or having assigned any NRPN to the automation line, I wanted to know how I can disable this automatic control?

This is a function of each VSTi's programming.  Some synths are programmed to respond to common controllers and some are not (e.g. most will respond to CC7 Volume by default, but Kontakt does not). And sometimes the assignments are non-standard (e.g. Garritan synths use CC1 modulation for volume control instead of CC7). You'll have to check the VSTi's doumentaiton on a case-by-case basis to deteremine if the default controller mappings can be defeated. Otherwise, you might need to use a MIDI FX to rewrite standard controllers to something the synth doesn't implement.

• Like 1