Long time Interface driver problems... Please help!!!

T Boog

Either closing the app in the task bar (right click -> Quit) or hitting CTRL-Q with the Universal Control window open and active will exit the app. It does not stay resident in memory. Once closed you should be able uninstall/re-install per the above.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Either closing the app in the task bar (right click -> Quit) or hitting CTRL-Q with the Universal Control window open and active will exit the app. It does not stay resident in memory. Once closed you should be able uninstall/re-install per the above.

Thanks. Did that, now when I try to delete it, it says "This action can't be completed because the file is open in PreSonus Hardware Access Service"

Type "Services" into the Windows search bar and open that app. You can maximize that window that pops up if too small. Sort the services by name (click on the top of the first column to sort), and scroll down to "PreSonus Hardware Access Service." If you right click that you can stop it there. Also, that should be set to "Manual" for Startup Type so that it only opens when you start the Universal Control. If that is set to "Automatic," right click that, select "Properties" and set Startup Type to "Manual" in the center of that window. A lot of Windows services default to "automatic" which is unnecessary if not in use.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mettelus said:

PreSonus Hardware Access Service." If you right click that you can stop it there. Also, that should be set to "Manual" for Startup

God bless! That did the trick. I'm gonna try to reinstall again. Thanks mettelus!

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I wanted to give an update.

It seems I was fighting two diff problems. Firstly, I ended up trying the new iTwo and it gave me the same issues as my friend's iTwo. I then plugged my friend's iTwo back in and downloaded an old version driver I found specifically for the iTwo.

It actually worked fine. However, on one project, I was still getting that 'popping then no sound' problem.   Well, yest the Behringer came in. The driver works perfectly, it sounds great and it's quiet enough for my needs. However, when loading that one project, it's still doing the popping followed by no sound. Well, I found this...

Im hoping its just a plugin or two that's not playing nice. I'm currently trying diff things to narrow it down. (Note... One time, the song loaded perfectly but when I switched off the compressor on the master bus, it made the popping noise then I lost all sound again).

So yeah, it seems I have the driver issue fixed. Once I straighten out this particular project, I think I'll be good to go.

PS. For anyone who cares... The iTwo was better than the usb96 in EVERY single way(Noise level, preamp quality, headphone volume, layout, etc). I wouldn't suggest the 96 to my worst enemy. (Unless they need a door stop/paper weight)

The Behringer 204's preamps have much more volume and a very nice soumd quality. The only thing I'm going to miss about the iTwo is the low latency. On my system, it was super fast. The Behringer, not ao much. But I think I'll be fine with it.