Corrupted .pgl file?

[Note: I changed the title and the topic of this post after realizing that the problem was not with Zampler, but my plugin layout file.]

Hi, guys.

I know some of you have used Zampler, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just downloaded Zampler 2.5 from Beat magazine, installed the vst (dll) in the appropriate directory (X:/Program Files/Vstplugins), and fired up Cakewalk. Here's the weird part: although Zampler shows up in thePlugin Manager's  list of VST2 instruments and I can add it to my Instrument Layout file, it just never "sticks" -- meaning that it never actually shows up in my instrument list and can't be selected. And, yes, I did remember to save the updated Layout file. This is the only plugin I've had this trouble with. Anyone else experience this?

Suggestions welcomed.

Edited by Brad Scholz

I tried using Zampler with Cakewalk on another computer and it showed up and worked fine. Somehow, I guess my .pgl file got corrupted. I tried manually adding Zampler to .pgl using an XML editor, but that didn't work out for me either. The solution, finally, was to delete the old plugin file and rebuild a new one. Lesson learned.

• Brad Scholz changed the title to Corrupted .pgl file?