How to use VSTi's with Cakewalk on stage?

Deesnay

Question

Hi, I'm considering using VSTi's in live performances with Cakewalk. I don't know how to begin. I'm familiar with using Cakewalk for home studio recording, but it's totally unclear how I should use it live.

Basically, my idea is to have 1 cakewalk project for each  song. I think I can benefit from the Playlist feature, Cakewalk's documentation will help, that's totally fine.

However, there are several requirements that I have no idea how to achieve:

• I might need to have multiple sounds (either from the same VSTi or from several VSTi's) controlled from one unique keyboard at the same time, either layered, or split, with sound A at the bottom of the keyboard, sound B in the middle, sound C on top, or maybe sound D on just one key, etc.
  • I might need to have multiple keyboards or controllers connected to Cakewalk, and each keyboard should be able to control its very own sound setup.
  • I might need to switch from one sound to another, from a specific keyboard, during a song (rather than between songs), and in this case, I'd need to be able to do that without loading another project, rather by using some key or click instead.

Are these expectations realistic? Any tips to begin?

1 answer to this question