FULL demonstration of the REAL keyboards ON SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND

Old Joad

After you sort through the vids & comments, you may realize the "keys" are heavily mixed with tracking that involved wine glasses, so no matter what other instruments you use to try and replicate the intro section (Part I), it just won't quite be there. -I had found that years ago, when watching & listening to the extra material that comes with the "Shine On" Immersion set. The Wine Glasses audio is on there, and if you add it to your cover tracking, and find where the chord changes match, you are almost there. -Neat stuff, if you like those classic tracks.

I had to grimace at some of the lead synth attempts though, and as one of the supporting OG live reincarnation members (ostensibly) commented, the way synths were recorded back when, involved actual speakers & room ambience, plus many takes & overlaps, etc. Plus that group tended to mix in a lot of other material from previous sessions in & underneath the final outcome. But we all know how that goes, and in analog, nothing is ever the same twice anyway. -Still, fun to try sometimes.

@Rain Nice.  And - I like that shortened whammy bar he uses so much, I had to get one. -Just wish I had the chops to use it nearly as well!