2019.09 Feedback

Jesse Jost

Hello,

We run cakewalk on multiple machines here at the studio and are finding the same problem on both of our main machines: 

When we try to adjust the fade in type on clips the fade selection menu always says "Linear" and will not change when a different fade type is selected.  The fade-in in the clip does not change either. 

This problem persists  with existing fades no matter the fade type that is shown - the menu that pops up on right clicking the fade always says linear and the fade shown does not change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, rob@lindervox.com said:

Hello,

We run cakewalk on multiple machines here at the studio and are finding the same problem on both of our main machines: 

When we try to adjust the fade in type on clips the fade selection menu always says "Linear" and will not change when a different fade type is selected.  The fade-in in the clip does not change either. 

This problem persists  with existing fades no matter the fade type that is shown - the menu that pops up on right clicking the fade always says linear and the fade shown does not change. 

If you download the latest update this has been addressed.

Hey so we are getting updates faster than the Bakers can post about them.  Which has all been fine by me.  I keep a working version of Platinum on my computer in case anything crazy might come up.

So I'm wondering, am I on the Early Release program?  I don't recall signing up for it.  I DO want to getting updates as soon as they are available.

You're on the daily build program. Kidding :)

No, build 70 just had 2 or 3 fixes after the main hotfix release last week. One was to address a regression with the fade selection fade UI that was making it difficult to edit fades. That was the only reason why we did the the extra release. There shouldn't be any more updates now until the next main release.

• Haha 1

Just got around to downloading and trying Version 2019.09 (Build 70, 64 bit), and the first thing I have noticed is herky jerky movement of the timeline cursor as it tries to track the song. I'm using a simple template with Addictive Drums, Dimension Pro for bass, True Pianos and a track for direct electric guitar. The jerky motion happens on record and playback, although the sound doesn't seem to be affected. Also, when I stop the transport (either while recording or playing back), there's a little sound out of the monitors, kind of like a footstep on gravel, very short, very low level, but audible. I've only experimented with MIDI piano, so it's not as if I'm overloading anything, and this hasn't happened before that I recall.

Anyone have any ideas? What to try? Thanks!

1 hour ago, scook said:

Thank you, Steve! That fixed the jerky cursor. I still have a funny little sound when I stop the transport -- not what I described above, but more like a little squeak. I should also mention that during the time I was not using CbB I had a Microsoft update. I'm now on Window 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18.362.388). Don't know what I was on before when the transport wasn't squeaking, but this one didn't seem like a huge update from MS.

7 hours ago, PeterMc said:

A trivial crash - pressing T when no project is loaded causes the following crash. T was bound to "Go to Time", but this also happens when T is unbound.

cakewalk-T-crash.png.ff7b2b3cc002c27bf4e99b802b3116f8.png

Yes, if I bind T to "Go to Time", then I can reproduce this crash!