Piano Roll causing crash?

In my recent project, If I try to close the piano roll or edit any notes from the multidock, cakewalk freezes, then crashes. If I turn off the audio engine. I can close the piano roll and multi dock no problem. Reopen the synth piano roll, I can edit no problem. Reopen the console, cakewalk freezes and crashes if I attempt to edit or close the piano roll.  I can make any adjustments to the console, although there is a moment it freezes then reacts accordingly. 
now opening the project from the crash, I turn off the audio engine, close the piano roll and console from the multi dock (2nd montitor) 

reopen the synth piano roll, attempt to move it back to my 2nd monitor and cakewalk keeps flashing/freezing intermittently until I attempt to click anything, then crashes… 

Any suggestions? Never had this problem 

Edited by steve trusty
Typo

I believe I fixed it! I had 6 take lanes in the synth track, which I comp’d them down a while back. Deleting all the other take lanes besides the comp lane fixed the lag in the console and crashing. I can proceed normally. Although the multidock used to hold the console and piano roll as separate tabs. Now they’re separate windows. Which is fine I can live with that. Not sure why but back to work 🤘