Drag clip with it's automation???

jono grant

1 hour ago, jono grant said:

I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it very much! I was just saying "what should I look for in a global setting?" is all. I went through all the settings in preferences turning stuff on and off and testing again, no change.

I have Platinum as well and the problem doesn't exist there either, only in the Bandlab version. The one major difference I see, is that in both X1 and Platinum, when a track is set to "clips" it still shows a very faint image of the envelope on top of the clip and when you select a clip , you can see that the envelope also gets selected. In Bandlab however, the clip does not show the faint image of the envelope and the envelope does not get selected along with the clip UNLESS you expand the automation lanes, then it works as it should. I thought it might have something to do with x-ray but it didn't.

I also tried using the track filter to switch back and forth, it didn't make a difference. I think that has the same function as the tools HUD but wanted to make sure.

I wonder what it could be? Video card related? No idea. All my versions of CW (plat x1 and BL) have the same global settings as far as the way I set them up...

I've attached a short video showing my preferences/settings in BL.

settings.wmv

Hi Chuck E Baby, just noticing in your video above that your envelopes are faintly displayed even when you're in "clip" mode. Mine does not do that (unless I'm in X1 or Plat)

Is your video above in Bandlab? Might be a clue there... Thanks

19 hours ago, jono grant said:

Is your video above in Bandlab? Might be a clue there

Yes sir, this was using the latest version (which I believe was 7.2019) when I made the video.

19 hours ago, jono grant said:

just noticing in your video above that your envelopes are faintly displayed even when you're in "clip" mode. Mine does not do that (unless I'm in X1 or Plat)

This  is a good observation @jono grant. Now we might be getting somewhere. Let me check out some things on my set up and get back to you. It might be Ghosting data. Try enabling it by doing this...

To enable/disable data type ghosting

Click the Track view Views menu, point to Display and choose Display Ghosted Data on the submenu

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

Yes sir, this was using the latest version (which I believe was 7.2019) when I made the video.

This  is a good observation @jono grant. Now we might be getting somewhere. Let me check out some things on my set up and get back to you. It might be Ghosting data. Try enabling it by doing this...

To enable/disable data type ghosting

Click the Track view Views menu, point to Display and choose Display Ghosted Data on the submenu

You nailed it brother!!! That was it!

SO, CAKEWALK tracks do not get selected with their clips if "Display Ghosted Data" is not enabled.... now we know. And that IS a bug,

@Noel Borthwick ^ see above^ The clips should get selected regardless of ghosted data showing. Nothing to do with each other. They should fix that IMO.

Thanks Chuck E Baby!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jono grant said:

You nailed it brother!!! That was it!

SO, CAKEWALK tracks do not get selected with their clips if "Display Ghosted Data" is not enabled.... now we know. And that IS a bug,

@Noel Borthwick ^ see above^ The clips should get selected regardless of ghosted data showing. Nothing to do with each other. They should fix that IMO.

Thanks Chuck E Baby!!

Awesome !!!    That's what its all about.

After playing with it a while, I was also able to repro the issue using your project, toggling ghosted on/off.

Just glad we were able to track this down, it was really driving me crazy, I must have loaded your test project 20 times trying to find an solution :D.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes we can repro the issue where ghosted data prevents it being moved. This is not new. One one hand it could be argued that invisible data shouldn't move.
However it seems to negate the select envelopes with clips option so it can be unexpected. We'll consider changing it.

Add a setting called "maintain position of invisible data/automation" on/off or something then perhaps? I would think the idea of hiding ghosting data would simply be to clean up the screen and not have anything to do with moving data.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1