(Not a deal) looking for a brass library that isn’t so cinematic

dumbquestions

Hello! I know this is the deals thread but you all seem to have the best perspective on some of these things in my honest perspective.

I have a good bit of brass virtual instruments; the ones included in komplete, to musio’s/cinesalmples selection, to a couple of the “fire” horns from soundpaint..

while they’re for sure inspiring to score large cinematic pieces (primarily in my case), i can’t seem to get them to sound/respond the way I want them to. guess I’ve been looking for something in a bit of a smaller room & a little more geared towards songwriting where the brass is more “the focus” if that makes sense. If I had to assign a genre, I think either using either reggae or ska as an example would work for what I’m looking for: up front, articulate/responsive, and can handle realistic runs as well as staccato without the legato making it sound funny and/or synthy. Are there any kontakt libraries or other vst’s you’d recommend?

Otherwise if there are any general tips anyone has to make virtual horns in this type of context sound more realistic, I’m all ears 🙏

Edited by dumbquestions

• dumbquestions changed the title to (Not a deal) looking for a brass library that isn’t so cinematic

@audioschmaudio thanks for this example- to be completely frank, I think I may have just underestimated the session horns libraries a bit, or have neglected some of the other articulations available. I kept getting stuff that sounded pretty synthy to my ears, but hadn’t yet mixed it into a track or played with some of the different features. May just need to be more patient with learning how to use what I have

@Vernon Barnes thanks for sharing this! I recently took notice to Indignus’ guitar libraries after reading another recent thread, and was impressed—this one is also sounding great. I will keep an eye on it and cross my fingers for a good BF sale next month