Multiple Multidock Instances Request

SloHand Solo

I was thinking it'd be nice to be able to group tabs together and have them in their own individual Multitab window, which could be named, opened, saved and removed from a Multitab Window Manager.  Say, for instance, I wanted all my Synth tabs in one window, guitars in another, PRV and console with a group of specific VSTs in another, etc...Tabs would be able to exist in more than one Multidock, which would allow for a lot of combinations of groupings.

Just thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone else thinks this would be a really useful feature to have

Edited by SloHand Solo

I'd be happy if we could just reorder the tabs in the multidock.  Having multiple multidock presets that could be saved and loaded would be cool, too.  If it could be tied in with Workspaces so different Workspaces could have different sets of multiple multidocks now that would be amazing!  

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 6:14 AM, User 905133 said:

I'd be happy if we could just reorder the tabs in the multidock.  Having multiple multidock presets that could be saved and loaded would be cool, too.  If it could be tied in with Workspaces so different Workspaces could have different sets of multiple multidocks now that would be amazing!  

I hear ya!!  Whenever I want to group some tabs together I have to close the tabs then reopen them in the order I want.  Occasionally I'll catch myself trying to drag a tabbed window, because it's second nature to be able to do that with tabs in Windows or Mac.

Edited by SloHand Solo

7 minutes ago, SloHand Solo said:

I hear ya!!  Whenever I want to group some tabs together I have to close the tabs then reopen them in the order I want.  Occasionally I'll catch myself trying to drag a tabbed window, because it's second nature to be able to do that with tabs in Windows or Mac.

You should be able to do that with Screensets - i.e. each screenset has it's own things in the Multidock.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2023 at 11:53 AM, SloHand Solo said:

Does anyone know if this functionality will be in the new Sonar?

I for one hope so. This is also discussed in another post I started here:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/69227-feature-request-multiple-console-windows/

I'm hoping @msmcleod or @Morten Saether can comment on whether this is feasible and/or (hopefully) in the works!

• Like 1