Routing midi output of a VSTi arpeggiator in one track to be played by a VSTi synth in another track

Ken Kasriel

Sorry to ask something so basic, I have not used Sonar for midi in a few years and I've fogotten how to do something. In Track A I have a midi-generating VSTi. It is processing the midi chord file in its lane and outputting some kind of arp pattern as midi. It makes no sound on its own,that output midi has to be played by another VSTi. Let's say I have a VSTi in Track B. How to I sendTrack A's midi output to Track B?   

Another quick comment on this since I read the OP title again... there are a handful of VSTis with arpeggiators that only use them internally and will not pass them as an output. I am not sure if the OP is working with one of these though. Some of them with really complex arpeggiators (like Z3TA+2) allow you to drag the arpeggio to a MIDI track as well, which may or may not be an option but would require PRV work afterwards (the arpeggio doesn't follow performance at all doing this).

Many internal arpeggiators are fairly rudimentary, so something like Scaler 2 would be another option if the OP is working with one that will not pass arp notes out. Scaler 2 is designed specifically to pass its output and allows for significantly more complex performances.

Not sure, why when I read the thread title again it made me wonder what the VSTi is (names are always helpful), but also reminded me of the ones which only process arpeggios internally. If the OP is related to one of those guys, it is another ball of wax to deal with. The OP would need to clarify.