"Project contains edits from Audiosnap operations"? I never used Audiosnap

T Boog

Cheers guys. Forgive me if y'all have been asked this before but I couldn't find the answer when I searched it. 

Why when I save as a bundle do I sometimes/randomly get this promt? I NEVER use or turn on audiosnap(to my knowledge anyway). It does seem to occur when I move/nudge audio around. Am I unknowingly losing edits I've made when it saves like this? Please clue me in. Thanks 😉

Screenshot_20230917_192759_Gallery.jpg

It's possible you've switched over to Audio Transients in the track Edit Filter at some point (easy to do by mistake) and it's generated Transient Markers on your track, even if you never touched them using Audiosnap.

Bundles are pretty old and crappy tech, I have to say. There's a lot of limitations due to that and I personally don't trust them all that much myself. And yeah, add in any new features like Transient Markers or audio stretching and they don't like that at all.

I prefer to do a regular Save As to a new directory with Copy All Audio checked, and then zip that new directory. You end up with more or less the same thing - all active project audio only, all in one file - but smaller sizes because of it being compressed, and more robust CRC checks, etc. If something goes wrong, there's still a good chance to rescue at least some of your files in there, as opposed to a CWB where it's more likely you'll be suddenly digging for your backups because it's irretrievably dead.

• Like 3

+1 on using Zip files to archive projects.

To disable Audiosnap on all tracks of a project where you haven't made changes:

- Ctrl+A to Select All

- Expand the Audiosnap section of the Clip Inspector on any audio track.

- Click twice to toggle the Enable option from '(Multi)' to checked and then back to un-checked.

• Like 2