Supersampling All option?

sean72

When I was first setting up the program many months back I found an option buried in the menus that said it would super sample everything, at least that's what I think it said it was going to do.

Has anyone played around and noticed any real world benefits to doing this? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should turn it off. I run a decently powerful system 5950x but I recently imported a bunch of audio tracks into my old rig which is an i7 4790k and it was many times faster at importing same tracks into the same project than the AMD platform was, even though it's much newer and more powerful.

I'm guessing the  super sampling setting was the cause because it was importing tracks. But I can't even remember what the setting was called or what menu I found it in,  lol

If anyone has any input it's appreciated.

Thanks! 

Here is the link to the documentation on that, and the "2X" button at the top of the GUI is a global enable/bypass for it. Another option to consider is only to use for rendering, not for playback, which will lighten CPU load.

For real world experience, it has more dependency on the quality of the samples being used rather than the plugin itself, so setting the up "across the board" may be overkill if working with quality samples. Where it does make a big difference is with using legacy products/samples, such as those with TTS-1.