Can't resize clips sometimes

Josh Thompson

Question

Hi guys, I've just migrated from Sonar 8 and I'm loving the extra functionality, however there seems to be a problem sometimes when I'm trying to resize clips.

If I split a larger clip into a smaller chunk, say a single snare hit, sometimes it won't let me drag the clip smaller beyond a certain point. Maybe it's an archaic way of doing things, but a very common part of my editing is doing crude splits in a large clip, and resizing each smaller clip with the drag/resize tool thing. 

Since this is only happening sometimes it feels like a bug... maybe from working with sonar 8 projects in CbB? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

4 answers to this question

On 8/15/2023 at 5:47 AM, Josh Thompson said:

Hi guys, I've just migrated from Sonar 8 and I'm loving the extra functionality, however there seems to be a problem sometimes when I'm trying to resize clips.

If I split a larger clip into a smaller chunk, say a single snare hit, sometimes it won't let me drag the clip smaller beyond a certain point. Maybe it's an archaic way of doing things, but a very common part of my editing is doing crude splits in a large clip, and resizing each smaller clip with the drag/resize tool thing. 

Since this is only happening sometimes it feels like a bug... maybe from working with sonar 8 projects in CbB? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

You cant crop clips smaller than an 1/8th note. I have requested for this to go smaller, but was told that it doesnt not make musically sense Not sure why limitations was placed on the snap loop markers.