(Extremely) late to the party

So after years of being a happy Sonar user, I've decided to give CbB a whirl, and now see that Sonar will be returning in the near future lol.  I'm wondering if I actually need Bandlab Assistant, or can I just use the Cakewalk installer to install only the core program?  I assume I don't need any of the add ons since I have everything that came with Sonar, and I don't believe CbB has any additional content that didn't already come with Sonar.  If there are any advantages to going the Bandlab Assistant route, of course I will do so.  Thanks very much in advance!

Joel

The Cakewalk Installer is the way to go. There's not many reasons to use Bandlab Assistant for anything these days, and any app updates are handled inside CbB itself now once it's installed. I would say Sonar will be the same going forward.

If you read the announcement about the upcoming changes you will see that Cakewalk by Bandlab will no longer be supported but it is still free. We are not sure how long it will remain available. 
But installing CbB you can come up to speed with the many bug fixes and updates since Splat. CbB is Sonar. They just reverted the name to the original. 
The Cakewalk installer is not a bare bones installer. It is the latest version of Sonar. It includes everything but the instruments and Melodyne.