Mitch_I

I finally killed Magix desktop advertising

Every time I started Windows, I got a huge ad from Magix.  Changing settings in Windows Notifications didn't touch it. Hitting the monitor with my fist didn't help either. Here's what did.

Start -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler.
Click Task Scheduler Library (on left).
Find Connect on the right and click it.
Optional - open Connect and look at the Actions. You'll see ...MAGIX\Connect...
Right-click Connect and select Disable.

Is there a better subforum for this kind of tip? If there is, I hope the forum admins will move it there.

• Thanks 3

Thanks!!! I've been trying for the longest time to get rid of that bit of annoyance.  

What software did this? I have hyped samplitude which I never use btw, but i paid nearly 200 euros for it but it does not torment me with ads

• Like 1

In December 2017, I bought a package from Magix with Samplitude and SpectraLayers. I also have Sound Forge. Intrusive ads and saturation marketing are some of the reasons I wish I had never dealt with Magix.

1 hour ago, Mitch_I said:

In December 2017, I bought a package from Magix with Samplitude and SpectraLayers.

Same here. But I'm glad to have SpectraLayers. Thanks again, Mitch!

You wonder why Magix does that, because it's only a stone's throw away from being a frigging virus in that you didn't ask for it, and you can't kill it.  I wouldn't think it does anything to endear anybody to Magix.

• Sad 1