Playback gets muted when audio track is armed for recording

Lucie

Hello (again),

I'm facing another issue : when I arm an audio track for recording, the sound of everything else gets weirdly muted and distorted. This only happens when the audio track is armed for recording or recording, when that's disabled everything works fine. I don't have this issue with MIDI tracks, only audio ones.

It sounds like my microphone becomes the audio output whenever the recording is engaged. 

- I have checked my devices and my parameters look ok, my headphones are set as output and my mic is set as input. When the audio track isn't set to record, everything sounds normal.

- I have tried restarting Cakewalk, rebooting my laptop, plugging the mic in and out, and even reinstalling Cakewalk to no avail. This is an issue on all of my projects and it only started today. I used to be able to hear all of my tracks when I was recording vocals on top of them.

- The inputs to all my MIDI tracks are Omni, and their outputs are Master. The input to my audio track is my mic and its output is Master.

- Funnily enough, this issue is impacting my audio on other apps. When the recording is engaged, my sound on Spotify is also muted and low quality. But when recording isn't engaged on my audio track, Spotify sounds fine. So it seems like the mic is taking over the audio output for my entire laptop (or something like that, I don't know anything really)

Thanks in advance for your help!

****** EDIT******

Changing to WASAPI Exlusive (instead of Shared) seems to have done the trick. Leaving this here in case someone else ever faces this issue.

Edited by Lucie