No more Midi signal from keyboard

T Boog

Hi guys. Ive been laying audio tracks for the last couple months but I just went back to punch record on a soft synth piano track and I have no signal showing. I also tried it in a new project then with diff driver settings to no avail. I'm still fairly green to routing stuff. Can yall please give some troubleshooting tips on how to fix this. Thanks!

Got it John! In preferences > midi> devices>inputs, i had my interface unchecked(don't know how I did that). Thanks a lot man!

Btw, I really liked the redone videos but u scared me when u said the TTS-1 may become incompatible with a future update. If that ever happens, I assume I wouldn't lose the midi track info correct? IOWs, can I just assign those same midi tracks to a diff soft synth/vst instrument?

Midi data is timeless.  I use midi files I made in the 80’s. Midi don’t give a hoot about the instrument it plays. So your project is safe from any harm. 
The only problem is the Cakewalk team has no way to update the TTS-1 code which is in an unsupported  DX format. It will be Windows (13?) that finally kills the DX plug in’s  not Cakewalk. So we will have lots of warning. 
On my list is to re make the video on how to easily replace instruments. 

• Like 2

Oh, my bad. You prob said Windows update in the video and I misunderstood. And great to know the midi info is there  to stay. Thanks for the help and all ur videos John. (When I win my Grammy award, I'll give u a shout out 😉)

• Like 1