bad mic quality

Jahrika!

Question

so i have a blue yeti microphone and its perfect. when i use it anywhere its completely fine, except cakewalk. It sounds super muffled, you can still hear me but its bad quality compared to when i use it in bandlab.  so if anybody has a answer or way to fix it, please tell me cause all i wanna do is make music 😭

4 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

"Higher than 16bit?" Shouldn't it be 16bit?

You can record at 16bit/44100kHz or at 24bit, 48kHz or even changed it up 16bit/48kHz or 24bit/44100kHz, but your have to set the rate in windows appropriate to what is in your daw. Same in your Asio drivers whether it be Asio4All or WASAPI. 

My 14year old uses the Yeti with no issues with Asio4All on his laptop. He records his vocals on Cakewalk for his gaming videos on twitch. He also records his own songs using the Yeti and Asio4All with no issues at all. 

On 5/23/2023 at 4:48 PM, mettelus said:

+1 on Andy's comments. Either a large diaphragm condenser mic or good dynamic mic through an audio interface is ideal. The Blue Yeti is locked to 16-bit, 48KHz, so another thing to try is make sure the DAW project reflects that before recording, and probably WASAPI shared for drivers settings. You may be seeing mismatch in bit depth/sample rate, but even if this improves you are not going to do your audio recordings proper justice. Andy's recommendations are spot on.

The yeti is a condenser microphone.