Future Volume Automation Improvements Request

Lately I had a big batch of live recordings that needed heavy volume automation work to clean up.  The volume automation nodes presently cannot be edited in the events view window.  As I needed to frequently repeatedly change the values up or down by about 0.2 dB I found it difficult and tedious to use the mouse to do this.  It would be nice to have the facility jump from node to node and have them put into editing focus so that the number pad 5 key (with number lock off) could open the properties dialogue box to change parameters like a standard Right mouse click.  I was surprised also that selection of the event in the events view did not automatically allow node property editing without trying to find the node with my mouse to get it in the proper small difficult to center editing focus area.  Thanks

Yes if you could jump between nodes with TAB and CTRL TAB and nudge them with the same NUM PAD keys as you can with midi note that would be helpful.

I might also argue that most people can't hear a difference of 0.2db in a full mix so you may have overdone the automation. If you use a hardware controller instead of a mouse and shut your eyes as you ride the levels you'll likely make much bigger fader moves as the eyes tend to trick the ears. 

• Like 1