Matrix view: 17 mins audio files as one-shot cells?

Multi-Sonik

Question

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to set up a MATRIX project where i'll be using 2 short stereo audio files / loops  triggered by COLUMN A... this works fine.

BUT I'm trying to put 3 stereo files (about 17 minutes of duration each) in COLUMN B. These files are 3 distinct audio environments design to play at the same time, over 3 independent audio outputs.

So far, it is not working properly. These three files are being "warped" / Grooved-clipped somewhat. This, even if I think i'm doing everything that should be done to prevent this. In details:

• Clips are not marked as loop or tempo strech/follow tempo when i'm looking at the CLIP property pane before importing to the Matrix.
  • In the MATRIX view, global loop is OFF
  • When importing the clips, they get the "one shot" symbol on the cell (not the loop one)

Even then, I can hear audio artifacts usually related to "groove looping" / Time matching on playback.

When i Double-click on the matrix cell that contains one of the long audio clips, to have a look in the LOOP CONSTRUCTION VIEW, file is unexpectedly marked as loop and I can see slice markers...

When disabling the LOOP option in the loop construction view (attempting to confirm this file is to be treated as a one-shot), the file (or matrix cell that contains it) is not launching playback at all when i click on it from the MATRIX.

... Soooo.... has anyone used successfully long audio files as ONE SHOTS in the MATRIX View or not?

What am I forgetting to do in my preps here if so?

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet