MIDI notes on piano roll, snap to time keeps reverting or disabling itself? [Solved]

sean72

I've encountered this a few times and I'm not sure what causes it. When drawing notes on the piano roll view the snap to time option for that note is locked to 1/8 notes, when I change it to 16/,th notes and then go back and grab that same note to try and snap it to time again, it reverts back to 1/8 notes on the snap time options. 

Why is the program behaving this way and what setting do I need to change to turn it off? I just want to be able to manually set the snap resolution of the grid and have it stay there.

Edit: now it is simply refusing to allow me to select any snap time on the upper left of the piano roll window. Whenever I select quarter notes eighth notes 16th notes or anything else I will go back and drag a note and the setting will uncheck itself.

Tried it with global snap turned on and off with the same results. Can't figure out how to make it stop, it's also happening whether or not snap to grid view is turned on or if a specific time is selected on the grid resolution.

Thank you! 

Edited by sean72