Plugin drop down menu doesn't respect plugins in layout

This is another "so many ways - personal preferences... " type of thing.   -I happen to have been frustrated recently when adding new plugins too, so I changed the view option.  -Where is says "Plug-in Layouts >" in the screen shot - I pop that out and choose "Sort by Type". Then, next time I use that menu - below the recent used list it shows the groups first - VST3, VST2, DirectX - and then manufacturer names, and then the plugin(s) names for each.  -Anyway, for me, then I usually see all (non-hidden) installed plugins that way, or if not, try toggling/refreshing that view setting preference...

But that's just one way. You can also create plugin layout(s), but I found I had to update those a lot. -Maybe it was just me though!

1 hour ago, JnTuneTech said:

This is another "so many ways - personal preferences... " type of thing.   -I happen to have been frustrated recently when adding new plugins too, so I changed the view option.  -Where is says "Plug-in Layouts >" in the screen shot - I pop that out and choose "Sort by Type". Then, next time I use that menu - below the recent used list it shows the groups first - VST3, VST2, DirectX - and then manufacturer names, and then the plugin(s) names for each.  -Anyway, for me, then I usually see all (non-hidden) installed plugins that way, or if not, try toggling/refreshing that view setting preference...

But that's just one way. You can also create plugin layout(s), but I found I had to update those a lot. -Maybe it was just me though!

The issue at hand has nothing to do with me wanting to add new plugins. What I want to do is create specific layouts where only a subset of plugins are shown for several reasons. In the screenshot, I made a layout which is only consisted of stock CbB plugins rather than all 200+ plugins I have installed. The right click menu is not something I have control over and in theory should correctly list whatever plugins are available in the current layout, which is not the case.