Some Superior Drummer Instruments Not Playing Despite Proper Channel Routing

Scott Kendrick

Question

I have a weird issue that I can't make sense of - instruments are usually pretty straightforward... they output to certain channels which you use as input on your tracks and the sound comes through. The problem seems to be occuring when I have multiple instance of superior drummer in a project and then start deleting some.

The short explanation is - I see in the SD3 mixer all the instruments are firing through the channels as they should be. Example overheads are are showing life in the SD3 mixer and they output to channel 15/16. Channel 15/16 from that instance of the synth inputs into my OH track, nothing muted, nothing solo'd... But I get no sound out of cakewalk. The snare and kick are find. Overheads, room, nothing.

In one copy of my project I have it working but there are at least three other instances of SD3... I delete one particular instance and the tracks stop working. I undo that deletion - and the STILL don't work. As a work around I could just keep that folder muted and hide it, but trying to clean up stuff in my project now that I've got the drum sound I want.

Would love any help troubleshooting from the smart people in the community - thank you!

1 answer to this question