Superior Drummer 3.3.6 frezes in Cakewalk

Arek

Hi

I have problem with my SD3 or...Cakewalk. The screen monitor blinks for some time then Cakewalk freezes, when I try to open a project  that includes SD3.

I already talked to guys from Toontrack, and we tried a few options with no luck. Since SD3 works perfect as a stand alone software, it looks like the problem is on the Cakewalk side.

I work on Windows 10 Pro

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

RAM - 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Does anyone have similar problem?
Any advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

A.

Its working fine here on a similar spec PC to yours. Don't know what to suggest. I start every new project using a template with SD3 instantiated.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I never use "Instrument" tracks, I just have a MIDI track and 3 mono, 2 stereo audio tracks already setup with eq, compression set at default levels with outputs to my drum busses.

3 hours ago, Jeff Bowman said:

Its working fine here on a similar spec PC to yours. Don't know what to suggest. I start every new project using a template with SD3 instantiated.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I never use "Instrument" tracks, I just have a MIDI track and 3 mono, 2 stereo audio tracks already setup with eq, compression set at default levels with outputs to my drum busses.

I won't make a difference as a simple instrument track is identical to a plain instrument track. It combines the Midi and Audio into one track. You can separate them and use the Audio/Midi tab  found at the bottom of the Track inspector to view the different info.  It uses the  normally blank and useless track pane to store the midi data so it keeps track count down. You treat it exactly like a plain instrument track. 

The one situation people still prefer the plain instrument / midi track set up is to insert a bunch of different synths and try them out by changing the output of the midi track on the fly. I just use the replace synth option for that. 

But back to the OP- Anything like this is best to submit the crash dump to Cakewalk as they need to be aware when VST instruments are crashing and sort it out with the developer. 

Edited by John Vere

Thanks guys for getting back to me.

I just tried to send a request but it doesn't work...

11 hours ago, Jeff Bowman said: