Cakewalk Custom Installation not working

I am new to Cakewalk. Migrated from FL Studio. when I first Installed Cakewalk I used the Basic Installation. Then I wanted to do a customized installation because I did not want all projects and other things filling up the system drive. I uninstalled Cakewalk and tried to reinstall it. I have faced two problems.

1. I could not install from the Bandlab assistant.  It only showed the upgrade button and no downloads.

2. Then I managed to install using Cakewalk set up. I selected custom installation and changed the program directory to J: insted of C:  but all the following pages for project directory, VST plug-in directory  etc. are grayed out. I could not change any. 

What wrong I was doing?

Thank you.

If it detects a previous installation on your system, it'll use the existing paths and try to upgrade rather than a fresh install. Use the following instructions for a Clean Install:

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab

I'd also suggest using the Cakewalk Installer rather than the Bandlab Assistant, which is found on the same page as where you downloaded Bandlab Assistant originally.

Thanks. I will try again. Because although  I managed to install it, (yes, I did not use the Assistant) I could not manually assign the paths to other media hard disks.  So all the projects and audio is filling up my system drive.

Edited by Maheel Perera