MIDI Controller

AnFear

Can anyone recommend a MIDI controller? Ideally, I would like one that is mapped to Cakewalk.

I'm looking at the AKAI MIDImix, PreSonus FaderPort production controller and the Launch Control XL by Novation.

Thanks

I use the Korg NanoKontrol2 so I'm not able to help you with the surface controllers you name.  The NanoKontrol2 has a Cakewalk mapping.

When looking at the product documentation you may see a reference to Sonar instead of Cakewalk.  The name of the software changed from Sonar to Cakewalk during the move from Gibson to Bandlab.  If the products have been around for awhile there is a good chance there map maybe for Sonar which should work just fine with Cakewalk.

It occurred to me that some of these controllers wouldn't mention that there mapped for Cakewalk/Sonar in there advertising. The Korg NanoKontrol2 doesn't mention it in the advertising I've seen. The Korg is one of the controllers I was looking at. It's helpful to know that it's mapped to Sonar, thanks.

Actually, before I knew that the Korg was mapped to Sonar I was strongly leaning towards the PreSonus FaderPort. Now I have to figure out if it's worth it to me to just map the controller myself with the PreSonus or go with the Korg. 🤔

I’ll mention that I would avoid Akai. They don’t have replacement parts. I found out when I developed a dead key on mine . This is something that I’ve fixed in the past on Korg, Roland and Yamaha keyboards.  It was only 4 years old and now it’s useless