MIDI Instruments Changed

Multifavs

Question

When I got my new laptop and installed Cakewalk, I noticed that there were some new instruments (fantasia, ice rain, star sound, and others) that I'd never had before and all the MIDI instruments had higher quality sound. Also, the patch name shown on the bank changed to "Cakewalk" or something like that. But after my previous Cakewalk projects were moved to my new laptop, everything changed back to the way it was on my old one (the patch name shown on the bank is now "None" as it was before).

Does anyone know how I can bring the new instruments and stuff back? I've looked all over the settings but haven't found anything.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum.
It looks like you may have had the TTS-1 General MIDI (GM) soft synth opened by default. Or perhaps the Microsoft GS Wavetable  GM synth in your computer. It depends on what the defaults were when you first installed Cakewalk by Bandlab and what you did to it subsequently.
Open a project and go to Insert at the top, Soft Synth and select TTS-1. Once it's open, check out the patches in it. There are sounds like Fantasia, Ice Rain, etc., which I believe are standard GM patches.

• Thanks 1