No sound from other tracks when I record audio.

coxjcm

Question

I hope I'm missing something really simple here. When I arm an audio track for recording, it mutes the sound from all the other tracks. This makes it pretty impossible to record a vocal or a guitar part when I can't hear the drums or bass or any of the other tracks. The other tracks playback fine until I arm the audio track, which immediately causes the sound from every other track to immediately stop. The mute buttons on each track don't turn on, but there is no sound. As soon as I disarm the audio track, I can hear the other tracks again.  I'm using a Behringer UMC204HD interface and windows 11.  I've been scouring the web and can't find a solution. Would appreciate your help with this.

4 answers to this question

This sounds weird, like you're recording into take lanes rather than tracks themselves.

Are you able to share a screen shot of your project at all so we can see how your tracks are laid out and how you have your control bar set up, so we can see what recording mode you're in, if you're using punch recording or anything like that? That'll give us a place to start from to help you figure it out.

3 hours ago, coxjcm said:

I hope I'm missing something really simple here. When I arm an audio track for recording, it mutes the sound from all the other tracks. This makes it pretty impossible to record a vocal or a guitar part when I can't hear the drums or bass or any of the other tracks. The other tracks playback fine until I arm the audio track, which immediately causes the sound from every other track to immediately stop. The mute buttons on each track don't turn on, but there is no sound. As soon as I disarm the audio track, I can hear the other tracks again.  I'm using a Behringer UMC204HD interface and windows 11.  I've been scouring the web and can't find a solution. Would appreciate your help with this.

I see there is a 'Mix' button on the front of the interface. On many devices, this balances the playback from the computer with the sound being recorded.
If it is turned too far one way or the other, you'll only hear part of what you need to hear. What position is the Mix button in when this happens? Try rotating it back and forth to see if you start getting sound.

I have exactly the same problem. I am using a Behringer UMC404HD with Windows 11 using Driver Mode WASAPI Shared. Recording and Playback of  tracks works as expected but arming a track for record prevents all other tracks from being monitored making it totally useless for multi track recording. I haven't had this problem on other DAW's such as Waveform or Audacity. Does anyone have a fix for this?