Time Ruler and Event List Header background linked?

Colin Nicholls

[2019.05]

It appears that changing the Time Ruler background color will also change the background of the Event List column header.

Themers, do you think this is a bug (or under-implementation) or am I missing something?

(Note that the Mercury and Tungsten themes appear to use the same color for these two items.)

FYI, the text of the Event List column header is Global > Menus > View Menu Text.

CW_RulerEventBG_Link.PNG

Edited by Colin Nicholls
added note about View Menu Text color

At the moment, I would call it a "newly discovered color mapping."

In other words, good find. If there is not already such a thing, I would love to have a Google Sheet or some kind of shared document where we could keep track of these correlations, maybe also map some of the terms into "friendlier" names. I spent hours trying to figure out which color parameter affected the text in the Custom Module before I found it in this forum.

I'm new to this, both to themesmanship and to Cakewalk itself, but the Theme Editor looks like something that were originally designed to be used in-house but then made into a more end-user friendly tool.

It's serendipitous discoveries like yours that led me to that suspicion. It  makes better sense when you're designing an overall color scheme for a product that's going to be reviewed by an in-house team before being released to the public, and it explains the obscure naming.

Agreed, I see this as a documentation issue rather than a bug, per se. Rather than a Google Doc, I suggest that we define a tag that we can use against posts in this forum that include color mapping clarifications. Our post should include the version to which the discovery applies. How about "#ThemeColor"?

12 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

. . .

If there is not already such a thing, I would love to have a Google Sheet or some kind of shared document where we could keep track of these correlations

. . .

Related to this, I am wondering if there is (1) a text listing of all the theme-editable (and color-editable) parameters/settings/elements or (even better yet) (2) a spreadsheet of these.  I am trying to make theme/color tweaks (and image revisions, if necessary) to compensate for my aging eyesight and before I create an *.ods [OpenOffice Spreadsheet] by manually typing in each parameter/setting/element, I thought, "Surely someone else (with more experience than me) 'must have' done this already."  Maybe its even been posted in the forum, or is in one of the help resources I haven't found yet.

Thanks.

Steve

Addendum # 1:  Partially solved: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Dialogs2.075.html

The table there cuts-and-pastes very nicely into a spreadsheet.

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
To announce a partial solution (re: colors/colours)