Read this if you own an Arturia Keylab MkII Controller

Sal Sorice

I bought an Arturia Keylab MkII 88 Controller in June of 2022 (I think it was after I watched one of Mike Enjo's (as usual) great tutorials when he referenced it. Thanks Mike! I LOVE the keyboard - responsive, great controls - fabulous!

But recently I was experiencing some really bad 'clicking' noises on some (not all) of the white keys when playing the keyboard (black keys seem to be OK, at least so far). The 'clicks' were noisy enough that they would bleed into a mic if you were playing and recording vocals. :^(

Note: These are physical noises - nothing to do with midi, audio, etc. The best way to describe/reproduce it is to lightly tap on each white key. Some will sound a solid 'thump' (like if I tapped a key on my Steinway B Grand). Others will make a clicking noise that sounds like you tapped the plastic key with your fingernail.

Contacted Arturia support. Their suggestion was to 'reseat' the affected keys. They sent me the attached video. It works! Keys became noticeably quieter - just like all the others.

Helped me - hope it helps others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1