Studio Brasil Producer

Control Surface compatibility

Hello, I'm here from Brazil, and several audio producers have acquired the control surface of Behringer x Touch, and are having difficulty enabling some features, because not all controls are compatible, you could help us by creating more compatibilities with control surfaces , creating a list of editing of the most complete surface ACT. is what most people ask. thank you.

• Like 1

Now that CbB has HUI support added in the Sept update, does that mean we can use the Xtouch in HUI mode and have everything (like the colored scribble strips) work automagically?

6 hours ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Now that CbB has HUI support added in the Sept update, does that mean we can use the Xtouch in HUI mode and have everything (like the colored scribble strips) work automagically?

I guess you could, but the Mackie protocol is far newer and has much better support.

For example:

• HUI has no master fader
  • HUI scribble strips are limited to 4 chars per track (vs 6 chars in Mackie mode)
  • There's currently no plugin automation support for HUI

HUI is basically a deprecated protocol, which Mackie replaced with MCU a long time ago. The only reason that it's still around is to support Pro Tools.

I'd strongly recommend using Mackie mode in the XTouch - the scribble strips should work fine with that.

2 hours ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Interesting. Thanks for the response. I'd read that xtouch in MCU mode didn't work for certain things. I'll check it out more.

Big X-Touch (with displays) in MCU mode has exactly the same controls as MCU. Original HUI is different, X-Touch does not have related (physical) controls.

I have not heard about color displays in HUI. X-Touch color is an extension, it works in MIDI mode (when it is connected with MIDI cable) and throw Ethernet, when the device thinks it talks with Behringer mixers. I have not found the way to change colors when it is connected with USB.

Dear @msmcleod , @Noel Borthwick and all dev team.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since this thread is discussing about Control surface, I would like to  remind you about some problem with Control Surface plugin installation in CbB. The problem has been discussed here in the old forum.  We have been waiting for it to be solved.

You can read the detail of the problem in the link above. The summary is, those who did not have Sonar (pre X3) can not install Control Surface Installer in CbB due to the installer was coded to detect Sonar to work. Without Cakewalk Sonar installed, people can not install it, even if they have CbB.

So I guess it would be good idea to ask if the dev team would look at this installer, and remove the installation restriction from the installer. That way people (who is now using CbB) can install it without having Sonar installed.

Thank you so much guys.  Best regards.

I thought I'd post a question in this thread rather than start a new post....

I've just bought an X Touch and have set it up in CbB.  It's working fine, but I'm having trouble controlling the EQ in the Pro channel.  Pressing the EQ button once gets me control of the frequencies and Q factors for the active channel.  Pressing the button again gets me some more parameters, and it cycles around various modes.  But, at no point does it offer control of the EQ levels.  Does anyone know if it's possible?

I kinda assumed that the faders would control the levels in EQ mode, with the rotaries handling frequency and Q.  But it seems not.

(Paging @msmcleod, who seems to be the local X Touch guru!)