About

RexRed

Hello beautiful Cakewalk peeps!

Here is my new song titled, "About".

This song may have a day or so before it gets published.

Your suggestions and comment are welcome!

This is my buddy Chad Erican who sings duet in my song, and he also plays the lead guitar and some of the rhythm  guitar tracks.

Then I set about the gargantuan tracking, editing, mixing and mastering tasks...

The lyrics to this song came to me in a dream, I woke up with the title and the first 4 lines in my head. Fifteen minutes later, I had written the rest of the song.

Thanks for the listens peeps!

RexRed

Oops I missed this - classic country vibe - you make a great sound together on the harmonies. I'd have probably liked either a clean guitar or a bit more sustain on the lead but hey - that's just personal preference on my part. Still sounds pretty good as it as.

What a catalogue of stuff you have Rex - another one to add to the collection.

Well done

Andy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Oops I missed this - classic country vibe - you make a great sound together on the harmonies. I'd have probably liked either a clean guitar or a bit more sustain on the lead but hey - that's just personal preference on my part. Still sounds pretty good as it as.

What a catalogue of stuff you have Rex - another one to add to the collection.

Well done

Andy

Hello Andy! The premiere is today, it is published but I can go back and edit the guitar and make a second version at some point.

Thanks for the compliment on the our voices. I wonder if the song is a bit unfocused where there are too many things happening at once and they are not defined enough.

That would be something to experiment with as well in a future version. There are a few tracks that you can barely even tell they are present.

This song took a lot of time, especially the pedal steel parts (two weeks to complete). At one point I just became convinced it was done. I hope my intuition on that is correct and my fans enjoy this addition to my other music. 

Cakewalk was a breeze working in as usual!

Here is a video of us laying down some tracks here: 

Best to you awesome Cakewalk peeps!

RexRed