Feature Request - Mouse Wheel Scrolling of Menu Lists

cclarry

Having Mouse Wheel Scrolling of the (in my case LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG lists) of 
plugins, rather than (or in addition to) the "up & down arrows" would be a Godsend,
and very greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 2

Well....that's kind of a "cop out".  Other DAW's have it.  And it shouldn't be that hard to 
implement, but instead, we should open the browser, if it's not open, and then click the
"plugins" tab, and then find the plugin we're looking for, and then drag it into the
track, rather than just using the menu?

Ok...got it!  

Thanks!

Warning: Thread hijack!

Speaking of long lists...if you are using the Custom module in the control bar and right click it and select "Commands"  the list fills the screen and scrolls extremely slowly making it difficult to find the command you're looking for.   Are there any workarounds for this?

1201565198_ScreenHunter111.png.7f816079e5da2762d255b44a2f5cff8b.png

• Like 1

+1.... Win10 will even allow you to scroll through a non-focused app if the mouse is over it. Scrolling through some lists with those little up/down arrows is just painful. It seems like CbB is carrying forward internal scripting rather than leveraging newer APIs.

Edited by mettelus

On 7/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, scook said:

This is typical of the replies from the devs to this request, from http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3030072 Noel wrote

It may be the best solution for now

Noel's quoted response was made April, 2014.  Perhaps with the changes created by time, competing products and ownership Noel will reconsider his answer.

I can envision how a small change like enabling the mouse wheel to scroll a list can make a huge difference in workflow; especially when the user is accustomed to using the mouse scroll wheel in other programs.

None the less, it is typical of the response given when this request has been mentioned in the past.

One of the biggest changes that has happened since 2014 is the reduction in size of the development staff.

Sometimes "small changes" like this one can consume a surprising amount of development time.

Usually I don't post in feature request threads. I made an exception this time to offer the suggested alternative that has been mentioned in the past. Had there not been an alternate solution, I would not have posted here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve, I'm not disagreeing with your post.  The developers may not be anymore receptive to the idea now than they were more than five years ago.  I did notice you normally do not reply in this forum section but I did not know why you made an exception this time, now I know.

You're absolutely correct that no one but one of the developers knows how much effort is required and sometimes the smallest change can demand a huge amount of resources.  But how much resources is needed to implement a request should not deter anyone from posting their request.

My intent was show support for the request.  I figure the more support an idea has the better chance the idea has to at least be noticed.

While it is clear to me the developers continue to work hard to increase the product reliability and stability while also addressing many issues that have been frustrations to users the feature roadmap is otherwise hazy.  It is difficult for me to believe this section of the forum is monitored by the developers or anyone else responsible for creating the roadmap.  Otherwise why have the "what features would you like to have us focus on next?" poll in the One Year Of Cakewalk by BandLab thread?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...